• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking at a apex xtx 2012 anything to look for?exhaust donuts ?

I haven’t had any exhaust donut issues on my ‘12 XTX 12,000 miles... although the known exhaust related problems with the EPS apex’s are that the EXUP cables break and the titanium EXUP header pipe cracks

around the 12000 mi mark for when i did them on my 2011 apex. had to do the cables last year. still going strong at 17000 mi.

I put Ulmers header in at 13,000 miles. And 3 of 4 flanges cracked and eroded, just gone! Little expensive but with copper donuts, it will likely outlive me lol!

I put Ulmers header in at 13,000 miles. And 3 of 4 flanges cracked and eroded, just gone! Little expensive but with copper donuts, it will likely outlive me lol!
notice any power change?

Not really but I never asked Ulmer if he had a map for my PowerCommander. Probably something I need to do. I rode it 2 seasons with the power valve disconnected and tied wide open. No noticeable difference in performance until the flanges cracked. Then it popped and banged all the time.

When I swapped out my EXUP for Ulmer’s header he sent me a new map for my PCV. He added a little bit of fuel back into the mid range and up top as well. I had to add a little weight to my Supertips........def makes a little more power.

Back