• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking at buying....

5valve

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Nytro, IQR, Redline’s, trailing-arm Polaris’s
There's a used 08 MTX Apex sitting at a shop that sells only used sleds. Not a dealership. Sled appears clean and has 2900 miles on it.
I've read about the frozen starter relay issue. But, I never determined what causes an Apex to crank and not fire. What I mean is, I was filling up at a gas station and this 08 Apex shows up for a refill. When he finished filling-up, his sled would crank and crank and crank, but not fire-up. Is this a somewhat common symptom? Or did he suffer from some freak breakdown?

I've never had the frozen starter relay issue, but I have fouled plugs before on 2 different apexs and then it will not fire up. Usually I remove them, spray with carb cleaner to clean them off and then I can usually get it to start up and good to go.

I've fouled plugs before. Every time has been due to me shutting off the sled before it's had a chance to warm up, especially when outside temps are below -15c. If you let it warm up before shutting off, then no problem.

I have never pulled my plugs, never looked at them. 8000kms with 3500kms supercharged.

I have had to replace my starter relay.

The throttle position sensor can go on them as well and that would effect starting.

Sounds like a freak problem, Apexs are not know to be finicky starters.

Back