• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking at used winders

I’ve seen sidewinders in ny between 9-15k. But I’d like to know what like minded snowmobile enthusiasts that know these machines like myself would pay. Throw me some numbers. I’m would think (hope) it’s worth 8500-9000 in the fall. I think the mileage will scare some but others might like that it’s never been tuned

Rtbo With so man non OEM parts , does it still qualify as a Yamaha ?????
You won't get much for it now that so many have seen it with those SKIDOO handguards !!!!!:):):):)

That is one well maintained sled.
Lol I agree. Those are gauntlets, I’ve been too lazy to rub the ski doo off with acetone. Usually they are behind my handguards but can’t run the handguards with the taller windshield I run in Quebec

I'm not looking to muddy the water, and wish everyone the very best.
I have a couple items I'm trying to part with, at elevated pricing, but priced very competitively. Seems as thou there's still more talkers than buyers. Or perhaps I'm not trying hard enough. Lol....

I’m would think (hope) it’s worth 8500-9000 in the fall.
All day long I would hope. I think $9000 is more than reasonable. You may have to wait to get it but when the leaves turn color there will be people looking.
Seems as thou there's still more talkers than buyers
I have been experiencing this also on a couple of sleds I have for sale.
I cant blame people for trying to get a deal at this time of year though. I always did.
Times are a changing though. I believe the used sled market will be just as hot next fall. The new sled market has been limited for sure.

I just bought a 2017 LTX (the one on the right in my pic) Stock engine, no studs 4500 miles for $11,500. It has the bronze gear, belt guard, lighted hand guards, 4ft wheel kit, 2 windshields, GPS installed, and a race werks bumper. I'm currently breaking it all down right to the tunnel as it is pushed up a bit so I bought a plate from Craig. The track shaft is wore down some. Sec. clutch rollers are sliding. Oil tank was seeping.

I wouldn't have bought this if it wasn't stock or studded. I will have another $2,000 into it before it sees snow. These units are rare to see for sale around here.

I still have my 2005 RX1 with 12,000 miles on it that looks better than new. This is the last sled I had purchased until now. I completely missed all the Apex versions.....

I’ve seen sidewinders in ny between 9-15k. But I’d like to know what like minded snowmobile enthusiasts that know these machines like myself would pay. Throw me some numbers. I’m would think (hope) it’s worth 8500-9000 in the fall. I think the mileage will scare some but others might like that it’s never been tuned
My dad sold his 2017 LTX SE this past fall for around $9k. The sled was stock with 13k miles.

Thanks for the replies. I think I paid $11,000 in the summer of 17 for mine, it was a demo with 700 miles on it but I had to drive to Illinois to get it. So if I could get $9,000 I would have owned it for 10,300 miles for $2,000. That’s 19.4 cents a mile without upgrades and repairs. You’ll never find those deals again

I actually wouldn't mind selling my RTX in the fall if I could find a replacement for a decent price. That will be the hard part.

I was thinking of selling my 17 XTX with 7600 miles, sled is mint and meticulously maintained. It has turbo Dynamics Max 16 with header, closed loop auto tune, CAI, BOV, 4 bar map, Hygear pro linkage with Custom Axis rear shocks, front suspension is Fox QS3R 2.0 with Ibach springs, doo pilot 6.9 skis, complete Thunder Products clutching. New this year, DMC top gear, drive axle bearing and BOP shaft saver, all new wheels under skid read axle and wheels are JT products, clutches completely gone through with new rollers and bushings, custom made rear center shock shaft, nothing ever spared to keep this sled in top condition. using the XS 825 this sled has never blown a belt! After getting beat up that i was way over priced by some tire kickers at $13,500 I re evaluated what i was getting with a new replacement, other than a few years newer and an odometer on zero i would be walking backwards from what i have so i will be running my XTX again next season. It runs and handles too good to let it go.

Attachments

• IMG_20220321_180424760.jpg
    IMG_20220321_180424760.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 90
Not that your sled needs anything but you could always throw a wrap on it and treat yourself to better than 2022 BNG!

I have been trying to sell my 2019 ZR9000 129 with full complement of Hurricane PM tunes and dash flash. 3500 miles and have people beating me up on my price of $11000.
Same with the zr 8000 I have, lowballers trying to get a deal.
like I said, i would do the same this time of year.
the prices will be there in the fall if you can stand having the money tied up that long.

I would not hesitate to sell in the fall , but it is toooooo risky to try and buy a new sled in the fall , or next to impossible , unless you find someone backing out of a spring purchase .
When I started reading your list of improvements to your sled , I am saying to my self , Keep it !
So I am not surprised by your decision .
AS
I too have a 17 , but apart from doing a few things to the sled , I have not done the appropriate up keep , to feel the same way about my sled.
My reasoning is that I want a more reliable sled , because I quite often ride alone , and so I got a 22 SRX .
I am currently rebuilding the rear skid and mounts on the 17 , from the rails up , as they were bent due to shock failure, but won't be ready until next season .
As I choose to ride instead of wrench this past season !
My friend who purchased my 15 Apex from me , is at the front of the line for my 17 SW , as I told him I was rebuilding it as if I plan on keeping it .
I may keep the 17 if I don't get a 23 with power steering .

Exactly!! I’m going through everything like I should because if my 23 SRX is late or don’t come in I would not hesitate to ride this again. Might try BOP power steering if I have to.

Exactly!! I’m going through everything like I should because if my 23 SRX is late or don’t come in I would not hesitate to ride this again. Might try BOP power steering if I have to.
I may try that BOP power steering also , if I don't get my 23 .

I probably won't buy another 998 until they update them. My sled is an MPS kit away from being better than a 2023. It has better shocks, all the fixes, and a better seat than a comparable 2023.

Back