• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking for helmet recommendations.

Sledhead_BR

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Vector LTX GT
1997 VMAX XTC
2005 AC 120
I currently use the snow cross / goggle / no fog mask set and have been for years and have been happy but maybe looking for a change. The one thing I hate is taking the helmet off on the tail when you stop so was considering the modular styles. My type of riding is usually cold trail riding so no fogging / warmth is my primary concern. I also don’t really want the electrical plug in visor if I can get away with it.
I am considering the skidoo BV2S or the CKX Titan. Anyone have any other recommendations or experience with these?

https://fortnine.ca/en/ckx-titan-atlas-snow-helmet

https://www.ski-doo.com/ca/shop/Men/helmets/full_face/bv2s-helmet.html

Thanks

I have a BV2S and it is definitely a cold weather helmet. The visibility / field of view is excellent. There's no adjustable vents. The air you breath in is pulled into the mask from inside the helmet, and when you exhale it goes out the front of the breathing mask. The only issue I've had, and it doesn't happen every time, is my glasses fog up while the visor stays clear. I doubled up the little rubber air disks per a recommendation from some online forum and it seems to have helped. When it's above 25 F I switch to my HJC BT-Max. I find the BV2S to be very comfortable; hardly notice the mask against my face. And although it looks a little dorky, the guys I ride with say the light on the back is very visible through the snow dust. Just turn it off before you walk into the bar!

Thanks for the review, I have heard mostly good things about it. For that price it should be. I think the only negative thing I heard was that it’s a bit on the heavy side?

Bvs2 and all the other brp modular helmets when warmish out and riding/breathing hard your head gets soaked and water drips down the inside of the visor, it's a real pain in the butt, plus there heavy as hell, especially the bvs2. My neck after 3-yrs not using them is just know starting to feel better.

I'm a goggle/mx helmet guy. Had to use a Bv2s while in a remote place once.
My take on it:
1. Heavy
2. Almost lost my ears getting it on. Once on I could almost spin it round and round on my head. So damn hard to get on but yet such a loose fit.
3. Visibility was decent.
4. Very warm
5. Heavy
6. Catches a lot of side wind.
7. Used it for 2 hours, neck was sore for 3 days
8. Swore my ears were going to leave my head for good when taking off the helmet.
9. Breathing with that jock contraption stuck to your face took some getting used to
10. Did I mention that it was heavy??
Hats off to all you guys that ride with this helmet. I just can't do it. I know goggles and mx helmets are not perfect but it works the best for me.
I will say not having to take off a helmet to talk or grab a quick would be awesome.

I just bought the castle x exo 950. Very well made and comfortable I don't think there will be any issues with air leaks and it's light

I guess after wearing one of these for what seemed like forever I can get used to almost anything!

M17.jpg

BV2S ALL THE WAY!!!Its not heavy and if it is than any helmet will be to heavy...i have had mine 15 yrs without a problem!!!

I tried the bv2s on today and liked it. Did not feel too heavy, about the same as my old HJC with elec. shield. The breath guard was not bad either. Actually less restricting than the neopreme No-fog face mask that I have to wear with my mx / goggle set up. A common theme is this helmet is not ideal for warmer temps -5 Celsius and up. I would still keep my open face for these type of temps or more of a hard working boon docking ride. I think this helmet shows it’s benefits in cold weather sit down trail riding. Most of my riding is between -15 to -20 c. Of course they did not have an xl so they ordered me one in. I did not have to pay for it so when they get it in I will give it a go but pretty sure I might pull the trigger on the bv2s

I currently use the snow cross / goggle / no fog mask set and have been for years and have been happy but maybe looking for a change. The one thing I hate is taking the helmet off on the tail when you stop so was considering the modular styles. My type of riding is usually cold trail riding so no fogging / warmth is my primary concern. I also don’t really want the electrical plug in visor if I can get away with it.
I am considering the skidoo BV2S or the CKX Titan. Anyone have any other recommendations or experience with these?

https://fortnine.ca/en/ckx-titan-atlas-snow-helmet

https://www.ski-doo.com/ca/shop/Men/helmets/full_face/bv2s-helmet.html

Thanks

Most helmets have a bad set of compromises They require some cold air ventilation to keep the face shield clear. More so on a cold day. A good helmet will not force you to lift your face shield when you come to a stop. Thirty years ago I attained that standard when I installed a respirator mask within a Nolan motorcycle helmet. It work better than anything available at the time. When my old helmet wore out I replaced it with the BV2S helmet with respirator mask. On a cold day I can block the cold from entering the base of the helmet. Once the helmet warms up I can crank on the big goofy knob to pull the mask away from my face. If you hear someone saying “no problem I just lift my face mask when I come to a stop”, well that is OK but they are really just making excuses.

I have a BV2s and a Titan and have used both quite a bit. The bv is an excellent example of "old tech" and works very well but new helmets are passing it by. When I got my Titan I thought the box was empty, that is how light they are and at the end of the day it does make a difference. There are several new helmets out now that I don't know why one would even look at bv any more.

On the research I have done the reviews seem to be about 50 / 50 on the titan which is not great. On the bv2s they are about 80 / 20 on the positive side....still torn on this.

Back