• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking for MPI 180 clucth options

furg69

Expert
Hey guys looking for a better clutch setup or full clucth kit for a my MPI 180 nytro XTX. Sled isnt any quicker the a stock nytro off the start. Mid range is better. Top end is also only 2 to 3 kms faster then a stock one. I have all yamaha clutching right now.

You might want to do a search...a lot of info on turbo clutching already posted...having said that I like my ulmer kit I bought from MPI...some will agree with me some won't (it's kind of like asking about the best oil lol)...best part is if I need help I know I'll get it from Allan.

You might want to do a search...a lot of info on turbo clutching already posted...having said that I like my ulmer kit I bought from MPI...some will agree with me some won't (it's kind of like asking about the best oil lol)...best part is if I need help I know I'll get it from Allan.

I just noticed you have a Nytro...my buddy has a Nytro XTX with the MC Xpress 180 turbo and has an ulmer kit on it and it works!! Hangs with much higher hp sleds on the lake...if you want to ask any questions he is Twiz28 on here.

Are you geared up? I believe a 22 tooth top gear goes in with the 180 kits. With taller gearing you should be seeing more top end.

Phone up dave at hurricane perfomance and he will set you straight. If you are not beating stock nytros like they are standing still, something is wrong.

Back