• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking for opinions....on ski's

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Venture Lite
Have a 08 VL and going with new ski's, currently running 7 inch
Kimpex Stealth a costly mistake. Recently came across a sale on Powder Hounds 7 and 8 inch but undecided what to go for. Riding style 50/50 Groom Trail and Backcountry, point and go.
First question 7 inch or 8 inch?
Second question orange and green or Camo?
SLED Red and Black and little grey so regardless of choice not going to match.
Choice I make will be based on you folks.

20200502_141618.jpg

20200502_141539.jpg

Kimpex Stealth a costly mistake. Recently came across a sale on Powder Hounds 7 and 8 inch but undecided what to go for. Riding style 50/50 Groom Trail and Backcountry, point and go.

View attachment 155262

View attachment 155263
Niether !
Do you have snowtrackers on tuners ?
Try that option .

Niether !
Do you have snowtrackers on tuners ?
Try that option .
Love to go with snowtrackers but won't work with what I have, Kimpex Stealth without the Keel. Stealth is great on Hard Groomed trails but useless in powder especially with the weight of a four stroke. I was looking at C&A or Slydog but I found the Hounds at 50% off.

I have 8 inch hounds and like them. When a VL or MP goes into the deep you can't have too much floatation. Can't tell you anything about how they are on groomed trails because in 15800 kms I have never been on one.

I have 8 inch hounds and like them. When a VL or MP goes into the deep you can't have too much floatation. Can't tell you anything about how they are on groomed trails because in 15800 kms I have never been on one.
Have to try something, bought the Kimpex Stealth mainly because they were 7 inches and because I sold Kimpex. With no keel, they just don't want to turn in powder and weaving in the trees. Appreciate your remarks on the Hounds you confirmed what I thought, thanks.

View attachment 155262

View attachment 155263
What happen to your stock skis?

i would go with the camo ones as that is the better looking ones in my opinion.

have curve xs on the 09 phazer rtx/x atm and they do float well as i had them on my apex before. when they are finished, odds are it will get 09 apex or phazer mtx skis as those turn pretty well in the powder for us. pretty much the only ski i run.

I put Mohawk skis on my Vector. This past season. I put Slydog Powder Hounds 7 inch on my Wife’s Vector. My Mohawks. Were used with 9 inch carbibides. My Wife’s Vector got new Powder Hounds. 7 inch with 6 inch Double Down carbides. I had 2 feet of snow in my backyard last season. My observation was Mohawks not only gave me better floatation in my back yard they actually turned in the deep snow. I put Doubledown carbides on my Wife’s Powderhounds. Her skis were new. But in the deep powder in my backyard. They pushed so bad. I had to get off and pickup either the front end or back end. To maneuver. Probably due to the weight of these sleds. I would go with Mohawks if you can afford it.

I use the VK Pro ski with snow trackers, works very well, great in the deep has the deep keel for turning better, snowtrackers keep them straight, best setup I have used so far.

i would go with the camo ones as that is the better looking ones in my opinion.

have curve xs on the 09 phazer rtx/x atm and they do float well as i had them on my apex before. when they are finished, odds are it will get 09 apex or phazer mtx skis as those turn pretty well in the powder for us. pretty much the only ski i run.
pretty much where I'm at, The Nytro/Phazer MTX ski works well everywhere. I put Powder Pro's on my Viper as those are very similar in profile to the MTX ski.

Sly Dog Powder Hounds 7" wide has been the best ski for all conditions I have tried on my Vector
Stock skis
C & A Razors
Kimpex Arrows the original version . One of the best on trail skis I have tried
SLP Tri Keel

View attachment 155262

View attachment 155263

Get the Camo ski's . Mask off the green and paint it Gloss Black , White , Gray , and Black would look fine on your sled .

Back