• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking for the best Left hand throttle

apexnfever

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
I have heard all the bad stuff with left hand throttle, but made my mind up that after today I will be getting it done, because of this sled of mine, that if I do left hand throttle, my riding will be tons better, sidehilling or what have ya.

Anyone know of a great set up, where I can buy one, easy to install, and some good details on the safest one to get.

:4STroke:

I'm not a fan of the left hand throttle.but having installed a few,the one I liked the best is the one by Snow bunje.installs easliy and the saftey disconnect works right.I beleive you can get it online.

I have a gold finger, and love it. It has a good lock out, and is way easy to install. maxdlx

i have powermadd. i'm sure they all work great. reason i like powermadd is it looks factory. love the lefty though, so will you. noob

Couldn't find one for the Apex so made it with a BMX goldfinger lever. little bit of monkeying to do the brackets but works like a charm.

Took the Gold Finger off my rev , modified it a little and it works great...5 years now with a lefty . Won't ride without it..

I put a Gold Finger from a rev on it was easy and worked great you will love it. I have them on all my sleds and won't be with out a left hand throttle.

trx-1noob said:
i have powermadd. i'm sure they all work great. reason i like powermadd is it looks factory. love the lefty though, so will you. noob

Is that on an Apex? I called Powermadd and they claimed it wouldn't work.

So the new lever mounts over your hand warmer without screwing it up?Then jumps over and hooks into your stock throttle lever? No tors issues?Was looking at the gold finger one on their website but couldnt quite see how they mount.

ken_climb said:
So the new lever mounts over your hand warmer without screwing it up?Then jumps over and hooks into your stock throttle lever? No tors issues?Was looking at the gold finger one on their website but couldnt quite see how they mount.
You have it right...Very easy to install , very handy to have---My opinion only---

The verdict is in the snobunje has won its place on my Left Hand side of my sled, it looks good, installs easy, and has opened a whole new world of sledding for me, and for the apex, a LH is a must in my opinion.

Goldfinger, looks like it would do just as good, but they didnt come in red.

Love the LH throttle, and am glad I installed it.

I will try, I put the LH at a 6 o'clock possition, this keeps me from grabbing it when I want to just use brake.

I have it installed basiclly like the picture on snobunje.com.

Back