1. We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.
    Dismiss Notice

Loose A-arm bolt!!!

Discussion in 'SR Viper Talk' started by Yamacat21, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Yamacat21

Yamacat21 TY 4 Stroke Junkie

06B6A810-DD2F-4B66-A3E4-4AA052E170C8.jpeg i bent an a-arm on my 2014 ltx se. when I pulled the nose piece off to access the bolts I found the bolt for the other are had backed itself almost all the way out of the nut. Might be worth a check, takes five minutes and a t-20 to take the panel off.

3. blueironranger

blueironranger TY 4 Stroke God

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2014 Viper XTX
    2009 Phazer MTX
    Thanks, adding to my list, engine is out of the sled and since I’m waiting for parts I think I’ll go through all the bolts with some blue locktite.

Kkurz likes this.
  4. Kkurz

Kkurz Expert

Canada
    Snowmobile:
    2014 XF7000 Sno-Pro Limited
    (Yamaha powered)
    I did a post on this last year, when I bought my sled used I was doing some maintenance and found that ALL the bolts on the frame soars had rattled loose! 1/2hr job if you are already in there to Loctite the nuts. Made the sled way more stiff.