• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Loose terminals on battery

Sidewinder146

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Yamaha sidewinder
I have 500 miles on my sled and this morning it would not start. I removed the seat to find the positive terminal bolt was completely out and the negative terminal and solenoid nuts were also loose. Make sure you check yours!!

Happened to me on my Viper last weekend! I need to modify that seat for easier access in case this happens again.

loctite on the battery bolts ---- seriously? just tighten em - with a socket or a wrench - not a screwdriver - the dealer installs battery - thats a dealer issue - they also install shocks and skis and tighten bars on top and bottom. mine were all a bit loose but i like my #*$&@ tight....

Happened to me on my Viper last weekend! I need to modify that seat for easier access in case this happens again.
I just took the bolt out and left it out.. Never had a problem with it like that... Actually I lost it but whatever. lol I did a lot of rough trail stand up riding too!!

if u get in a roll over situation - seat will fall off - put the screw in - its a standard metric screw

You guys are making me paranoid. I checked my battery bolts, fuel rail bolts, rollers, turbo bolts, exhaust bolts, turbo clamps and everything else mentioned on these forums and everything is the way it should be. I love all the info sharing but man I could see how some guys can't sleep at night just thinking about all the issues.

if u get in a roll over situation - seat will fall off - put the screw in - its a standard metric screw
If my sled rolls, we will have bigger problems than my seat coming off. I have to trickle charge my battery much more than I roll my sled, so it'll be staying out.

Back