• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Loose tunnel rivots

Harbor Freight offers basically 2 air riveters, a 3/16" and a 1/4". This refers to the largest size rivet that the tool is rated for pulling, not the inlet air size. The rivet best used for general sled repair is a steel multigrip style rivet. It pulls very nicely, has good clamping force and is designed to "fill" an oversized hole.

Yup. I buy mine through MSC industrial supply
steel rivet with steel mandrel about 70 bucks for a bag of 250

I got mine from mountain tech. I decided to leave mine alone till they are loose feeling. Might regret that but thak you for the rivets MountainTech.

I've got same problem and Yamaha just wants to touch paint on rivets

Took sled in about this prob. and Yamaha is just giving me touch up paint to touch up around rivets where it chipped off

I have the same issue, I have not brought it in yet to address that issues, but most of the rivets on my tunnel are starting to chip away in the areas of most stess.

I'll bring mine in a couple times this season to show the progression of them... then maybe I'll have a better case

My dealer called today and said they are ordering me a new tunnel from Yamaha. I had them look at some of the rivots that worked loose and sent pictures to Yamaha to see what should be done. Guess I am getting a new tunnel. Glad to see Yamaha is backing this problem up.
Who is your dealer?

There are some multi grip blues ones on eBay.
Those would look kinda cool on the white tunnel.

I put some on..

Attachments

• 20141227_184205.jpg
    20141227_184205.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 193

Back