• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Love the comment by Yamaha...hahaha

yamamarc

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 zr9000 Ltd
20210217_234145.jpg

I think stock for stock it's a race! I have had 2 winders they are 115mph sled on snow, hit ice and 120 maybe little over. I think this new Z if it has a true 180hp the winder is in trouble. And I'm saying stock for stock. Any tuned winder will win but hey that's not a apple's to apple's race. Definitely looking forward to line up!

I think stock for stock it's a race! I have had 2 winders they are 115mph sled on snow, hit ice and 120 maybe little over. I think this new Z if it has a true 180hp the winder is in trouble. And I'm saying stock for stock. Any tuned winder will win but hey that's not a apple's to apple's race. Definitely looking forward to line up!
Hmm what if yamaha increase a few lbs on 2022:D They know the motor can run almost double the boost.

Hmm what if yamaha increase a few lbs on 2022:D They know the motor can run almost double the boost.
Well that they can do yes! But what I'm saying is this same horsepower on each sled! Skidoo claims 180 hp or better as well as the sidewinder claims near 200hp. So IMO the sidewinder is already at more power! I'm a realistic person HORSEPOWER will win! So keep them stock and see who wins.
I've been in the game for awhile now had 4 Turbo sleds and once tuned your not out there to race 800"s/850's/900's/or even stock 998's! Tuned sleds are a race that the biggest $$$$$ win at. Which is totally fine with me I'm just interested in fair racing is what I'm saying.

I think where you will see the issue for the winder/TCAT is on the launch control of the Mach Z. The stock 998 does NOT have that and in a race on the two big bores than it will be who gets the better start. If it is 200hp, which I am betting it is. Then the winder will lose. Get ready for the crying..

All the Winder/Cat vendors I know offer an antilag solution for that launch controlling Mach. Without the right set-up, antilag/launch control make really nice snow cones...lol

All the Winder/Cat vendors I know offer an antilag solution for that launch controlling Mach. Without the right set-up, antilag/launch control make really nice snow cones...lol
Exactly, really good traction is a must. I foresee lots of ripped out studs and lugs tore off tracks.

I think where you will see the issue for the winder/TCAT is on the launch control of the Mach Z. The stock 998 does NOT have that and in a race on the two big bores than it will be who gets the better start. If it is 200hp, which I am betting it is. Then the winder will lose. Get ready for the crying..
I am betting stock for stock winder will still have the upper hand...
I have flashed and rode with many tuned 900t and the only tune that has a small lead to a stock winder is the hurricane 205hp tune(17lbs)..
This is the same motor except it has bigger injectors

I actually find it funny in another sense.

"Our Sidewinder customers have been waiting 5 years for this"... to trade it in.

Could have been worded differently as that's probably what they're saying on the yellow side.

I am betting stock for stock winder will still have the upper hand...
I have flashed and rode with many tuned 900t and the only tune that has a small lead to a stock winder is the hurricane 205hp tune(17lbs)..
This is the same motor except it has bigger injectors

In Ski Doo Tech video:
130 hp 900T 8.7 psi
180 hp [prob 210 hp] 900R 17.4 psi with bigger injectors...
looks like we have a race on our hands

In Ski Doo Tech video:
130 hp 900T 8.7 psi
180 hp [prob 210 hp] 900R 17.4 psi with bigger injectors...
looks like we have a race on our hands
Ok so it will be comparable to hurricane 205 tune..
@17lbs...
Our stock 998run less boost and more power!!
So yamaha for the win

Lets run 17lbs on our 998 and we push 270 on stock exhaust manifold
300 with header with 17lbs..

Big difference when comparing boost pressures to hp

Right, BUT MOST BRP customers dont care that much in the sense of a modded sled. They are going after the stock winder. It will be a race. Marc did you ever run the Hurricane antilag on the 240SS tune?

Back