• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Low fuel warning light won't go out.

CaptCaper

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 RS Vector XTX 1.25 Lug wifes..2013 RS Vector LTX.. 2003 600 VMax Past Machines 3-2007 Attaks 1-2010 Vector LTX.. sorry no Stinkdoos or poo's cats.
It was o.k. all these years until I drained the tank this past spring to store. Well a lot of it. During storage I would start it once a month. The low fuel light was blinking. No big deal.
I took it out to do donut gaskets and added fuel to start it. Starts and runs fine. Light won't stop blinking even thou it's full. I checked the front left ( my left sitting on the sled) connection ( fuel level sensor?) coming from the tank and that is hooked up.
Any ideas on were to start trouble shooting on getting this solved. I have it up for sale. Pressure is on.

Sounds like something has worked itself over the float. Drain the tank and take a peek inside. Make sure the float is free to move

I took the float/sensor out and switched it with one I had from another tank.. I also checked connections on instrument cluster and wiring harness along the frame with all those contacts..etc. Works now fine.. not sure which one did it. Maybe sitting dry all summer with condensation in the tank it effected it.
I checked it with a Ohm meter and when the float is up it reads 11.8 or so.. when down like in empty tank it reads 182 ohms. Never did a ohm test before but the specs call for those numbers.

fuel sender.JPG

Last edited:
Got the sensor in another machine and running.. who knows.. could of been a connection not tight and by going thru them things worked out. They are on back order I see .. So I lucked out.

I believe the fuel light blinks when there is a short in the fuel gaugecircuit.. See if you can replicate the condition by simply unplugging the sensor. If you can, then likely corrosion on plug was preventing good contact or have a break in wire.

I believe the fuel light blinks when there is a short in the fuel gaugecircuit.. See if you can replicate the condition by simply unplugging the sensor. If you can, then likely corrosion on plug was preventing good contact or have a break in wire.

Could the float be stuck?

Got it working ok.. must of been all or one of the above :)

Back