• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Low Speed Burble with ECP

RXMax

Expert
I have the ECP with Evac, Running the prefilters, 165 mains, 2 turns in the air screws, stock pilots and stock needle position with Maximum Perf Exhaust. Carbs are sync'd perfect and runs great middle and up. When running 20mph or less I get a burble, gurgle. Not a lean pop, I don't think. Temps were in the upper 20s. Would I want to adjust my pilots, needle or air screws and how much?

Freddie?

Thanks! :4STroke: :yam:

burble

I have the same with my Warrior with a Bender pipe. Freddie had stated with an aftermarket pipe you may need to go to 20 pilots. I also raised my needle one clip. Next year I am going to try the 20 pilot. Performance wise the burble I have doesn't effect it at all. Actually I have gotten quite used to it and don't even notice it anymore.I have tuned it out of my mind.

I cured mine by raising the needles...put them down one notch and give it a try..BUT BE CAREFUL NOT TO BREALK THE SLIDE!! little sob's are fragile

nysrx...
What do they run stock for pilots? would a 20 pilot be richer or leaner? I had this same sound on my 700 triple and I just kept lowering the needle to lean it out til it was gone, but I also changed to leaner pilots as well.

manitoba...
You lowered your needles to lean it out I assume by raising the clip on the needle? That is what I was thinking needing to be done.

I only have a whooping 9 miles on this setup/sled. So far so good except for the burble.

yes right...raise the clip and lower the needle. Position 3 is stock..so I dunno...I'm in 2 now, and I wasn't paying enough attention when I did it the first time to see if mine had been moved.

I will attempt 3 next week-end maybe, but really I don't know if it will help my issue of not reaching over 9200 rpm's

I also have been battling the burble at low speeds. I have my needles at the 4 position my screws at 1 3/4 turns and stock 17.5 pilots. I am going to have my dealer order me some 20.5 pilots to try to clean it up at the bottom end. I have been thinking that it sounds fat but plugs show lean. The kit does work great making it easier to install nitrous but just like any other aftermarket install it takes a little time to test and tune to get it perfect. But hay is that not why we all do it. :nos

burble

Stock pilot is 17.5. 20's are richer. This burble seems to caused by a lean mixture unlike 2 strokes that are caused by running to rich. That is why some have raised the needle and had the burble go away. I have 167.5 mains, fuel screws at 2.5 turns, needle set at #4 position. Red springs. I am at 0-2000 ft. I also synched carbs. It still has a burble around 5000 to 7000 rpm. But it runs real strong. As the day goes on the burble seems to be less noticeble.

I am going to order some 20 pilots, in the meantime I will try richening up the needles.

Before you do that...try giving it a tiny bit of choke, that should tell you whether it's lean or too rich. If it gets worse, then yer rich, if it cleans it up, your already too rich at that rpm. I'm thinking you should be leaning more to lean, as thats where I was with my kit, and I just installed it a few weeks back. See my topic in th "dealer won't help"

It was lean.. Took a chance and raised the needles to richen it up and presto, burble/girgle is gone!!

burble

Glad to hear it. With these 4 strokes it mostly is caused from a lean mixture. Plus with the K&N's you hear it alot more than with the stock air box. The burble seems to come and go depending on the tempature causing your engine to run lean or rich.

See the 2 stroke engines are all set rich to avoid siezures and detotantion. The 4 stroke engines are relegated to stricter EPA requirements for pollution. It is common when the factory sets the pilot fuel mscrews to find them set at different settings. Seat each one down lightly and turn them all open the desired amount. My experience has shown me that 1.75 to 2.0 turns open FROM SEATED works well.

For those with the burble... as manitoba rx1 suggest, try opening the choke slightly to see if the burble gets worse or better. If it gets worse, you are too rich. Better you are lean. Move needle clips and/or turn pilot fuels screws out another 1/4 turn.

Great post!!! I have the exact same issue and will try raising the needles which means you move the c-clip DOWN one slot. The slots go from the top as #1, then #2, then #3 (stock), then #4, Then #5. In the manual is doesn't appear they want you using #1 or #5.

Attachments

• Needle Image.jpg
    Needle Image.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 131
RXMax said:
I have the ECP with Evac, Running the prefilters, 165 mains, 2 turns in the air screws, stock pilots and stock needle position with Maximum Perf Exhaust. Carbs are sync'd perfect and runs great middle and up. When running 20mph or less I get a burble, gurgle. Not a lean pop, I don't think. Temps were in the upper 20s. Would I want to adjust my pilots, needle or air screws and how much?

Freddie?

Thanks! :4STroke: :yam:

Try running #20 pilot jets.

Freddie

Back