• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lower A-Arms and swaybar

opt8low

Website
www.opt8low.com
I am thinking on getting a XTX but am having trouble deciding. I ride a REV right now and I have all the paint rubed off my lower A-arms. The reason I say this is that I am worried that I will have trouble with the Swaybar attachment points on the Nytros lower A-arms. I ride mostly off trail in N.D, MN and the U.P. of MI. I think I would be hitting those mounts and swaybar and ripping them right off, or at least bending the #*$&@ out of the sled.

So has anyone had issues with hitting stuff with the swaybar and/or it mounts to the lower A-arms???

I would love to get this sled but I don't want to have to fix #*$&@ all the time. I can do that with what I got.... Oh I want to keep the swaybar for the times I ride on the trails...

thanks in advance,

Dana

yes you will......search for some of 08nitroRTX posts......or look at the pics of the iron dog sleds. He moved his sway bar location, a little welding but looked like a tidy job......Jeff built a pretty wild sled.

unpride said:
The 08 Yammi A-arm protectors dont work on the RTX. Hopefully they make new ones for next season

what didn't you like? saved my a-arms more than enough times.

BLUEBALLER said:
unpride said:
The 08 Yammi A-arm protectors dont work on the RTX. Hopefully they make new ones for next season

The last rubber mount wouldnt go through the A-arm by the spindle. They work fine on the standard. Brought them to the dealer and they verified it and called Yamaha

unpride said:
BLUEBALLER said:
unpride said:

The last rubber mount wouldnt go through the A-arm by the spindle. They work fine on the standard. Brought them to the dealer and they verified it and called Yamaha

You had to drill a new hole for the mounting bracket. I posted pics on this when I first got mine. worked great all season long. do a search and you'll see how they mounted. Personally, I'd never run without skidplate/a-arm protectors.

Back