• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

lower steering relay rod u-joint removal....HELP!!

Johnbrink1

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 phazer
2009 nytro
1999 xc 700
i am new to this thread and looking for some help on my 2007 phazer fx. l have a bunch of play in the handlebars so i am replacing all joints and bushing i can starting with the u-joints on the relay rod. I was able replace the upper but i cannot seem to get the lower joint off. i have attached a picture to show what i am trying to remove. any help is appreciated.

Thx
john

Attachments

• 65613226490__B7AB8F9B-B9F3-49FE-8908-D752EFB1E4DA.jpg
    65613226490__B7AB8F9B-B9F3-49FE-8908-D752EFB1E4DA.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 112

It may be pressed in. I know when I replaced this steering rod linkage, I had to use a c-clamp/deep throat c-clamp to remove/replace. Considering the ends appear to be the same, that might be why it's not coming loose for you. Although there is a nut on the backside, removing the nut did not get it to pop off nor did tightening the nut allow it to fully seat.

SteeringSlop.JPG

There is a kit out there built by one of the members. I think it might have been UP Bushman (can't remember who) that will take 60% of the slop out. I did it on the wife's Phazer and it worked out pretty good

Last edited:
i am new to this thread and looking for some help on my 2007 phazer fx. l have a bunch of play in the handlebars so i am replacing all joints and bushing i can starting with the u-joints on the relay rod. I was able replace the upper but i cannot seem to get the lower joint off. i have attached a picture to show what i am trying to remove. any help is appreciated.

Thx
john
Strike the arm portion(the female part of the fit) with a hammer

Back