• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LTX rail slight bend at back -

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Vector ltx GT
2010 MXZ X 1200
I replaced a broken rail . $400 including tax. Much to my dismay when I was reassembling it I noticed the new one is dead flat and the second rail has a slight bend at the back. This sled is driving me into the poor house as it seems everything I go to service is bent or broken. I realize this will have an effect on the track adjustment but Can I get away with not replacing the bent rail? It is bent 10mm at the back. I have attached a picture.

Attachments

• 2017-07-17 20.10.05.jpg
    2017-07-17 20.10.05.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 2017-07-17 20.10.25.jpg
    2017-07-17 20.10.25.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 102

I replaced a broken rail . $400 including tax. Much to my dismay when I was reassembling it I noticed the new one is dead flat and the second rail has a slight bend at the back. This sled is driving me into the poor house as it seems everything I go to service is bent or broken. I realize this will have an effect on the track adjustment but Can I get away with not replacing the bent rail? It is bent 10mm at the back. I have attached a picture.
I would say that would depend on the riding you plan to do. did you bend the rails or did you buy it like this? If you bent them and you plan to ride the same way next year you should just get a stronger skid or at least yes change it. if you bought it like this and you drive like an adult you could most likely get by for a very long time on that rail.

I bought it with bent rails. I though it was just one that was bent. I tried to fix in a press but it cracked. I bought a new one and it was only then I realized the second rail was also bent. There is about 10mm delta between the new one and the old one. I ride mostly groomed trails and I ride conservatively. I smashed up too many sleds when I was young and now I just ride within my limits. I can assure you I will not bend them with my riding. I give it an occasional blast but no jumping or wheelies. My only concern was with lining up the track will it not want to track off because of the one bent rail?

I don't think the track will notice it you will still adjust track spin it and check till it is centered and you may have one adjuster longer then the other bot should still work out. just my .02

The rails on my Attak are also bent. I have cold bent them straight only to have them bend again. 12k miles and they are still bent and on the sled.
Its a poor mans xtx now.:D

Back