• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ltx SE 100 mile report

Great report, especially with your past sleds. Gives us good insight.

Any thoughts on fuel consumption?

Thank-you so much, joe

We rode 86 miles of loose sloppy conditions and were not riding with fuel mileage as a priority .
My sled took 7.9 gallons
17 800 Assault took 8.5
05 Venom 600 took 8.6

How is it for aggressive trail riding when compared to the Doo and Axys??

You can feel the weight but it handles and rides surprisingly well. I expected this so I'm perfectly happy. I ride a lot of big wide trails and that's where this sled rules.

So how did it comepare to your 230 hp cat? That's what I was riding the last 3 seasons. Thanks for the report!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The clutching must be much more effecient because it feels as fast as the Cat did with the 230hp tune. I figure it must just get more power to the track.

Pete and I switched sleds a few times over the weekend. I was on my new 800 Assault. I came away very impressed with his Sidewinder. We hit a section of hard packed snow and when this thing hooks up, it is amazing. His Sidewinder is studded down the middle and the temps Saturday we 15 degrees so the snow was tight and fast. Fastest accelerating sled I've ever been on. Feels even faster than his tuned 2012 Cat Turbo did. Hits 100 MPH in seconds. Super quiet and no turbo lag. Almost feels like an electric motor. I can't imagine how the things are going to be with a tune. Handled its weight very well. Suspension is set up really good from the factory. We lined up 3 times and 2 out 3 times I got the holeshot. He caught me quickly and passed me like I was standing still...and my new Assault really goes great! Fastest Polaris I've ever owned. Hit 107 MPH on one good section of trail. We couldn't figure out how to recall the top speed on the Sidewinder or Pete would have posted it.
Anyone who has a Sidewinder and hasn't tried it yet won't be disappointed!

Attachments

• Resized Diamond Ridge Pic.jpg
    Resized Diamond Ridge Pic.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 161
Nice report guys,we finally have snow here in maine,and I have a junk sled sitting at dealers waiting parts,but Yamaha has not got any ready yet,plus I don't have the cash either,so it may be a very long season of not riding for me.

Pete and I switched sleds a few times over the weekend. I was on my new 800 Assault. I came away very impressed with his Sidewinder. We hit a section of hard packed snow and when this thing hooks up, it is amazing. His Sidewinder is studded down the middle and the temps Saturday we 15 degrees so the snow was tight and fast. Fastest accelerating sled I've ever been on. Feels even faster than his tuned 2012 Cat Turbo did. Hits 100 MPH in seconds. Super quiet and no turbo lag. Almost feels like an electric motor. I can't imagine how the things are going to be with a tune. Handled its weight very well. Suspension is set up really good from the factory. We lined up 3 times and 2 out 3 times I got the holeshot. He caught me quickly and passed me like I was standing still...and my new Assault really goes great! Fastest Polaris I've ever owned. Hit 107 MPH on one good section of trail. We couldn't figure out how to recall the top speed on the Sidewinder or Pete would have posted it.
Anyone who has a Sidewinder and hasn't tried it yet won't be disappointed!
Awesome photo

LOL, Man that guy was following too close, you gotta be good if you are gonna follow that close, and he just slammed right into his flap......haha, great video

Dan

That was Craig following my brother Doug a little too close! Pete had his camera on the back of his sled. He had no idea he got it on video until we looked at the footage back at the cabin. Don't follow Doug, he has a tendency to slow down for no reason.....LOL

That wouldn't fly in my book. Don't care who it is.

Last edited:

Back