• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Luggage for '12 + '13 Vectors?

VT_BluYamaha54

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Vector LTX
2004 RX-! Warrior
1984 Phazer (Antique)
Looking for suggestions for luggage on DBII (new style) Vectors. The stock offerings from Yamaha fall short compared to what I had on my Warrior (trunk bag that could be used WITH the large saddlebags). From the '13 Yamaha Apparel + Accessories book, the only saddlebags for the new Vector are the 'Combination Trail Luggage Bag' (SMA-8HG73-20-00). These apparently cannot be combined with a trunk bag although they appear to combine a sort of trunk bag with 3/4 size saddlebags(?)
Need something for 4+ day bagger trips and I am not sure these will do -

I had planned on using a set of Yamaha bags from my Viper on my RS Rage when I had it. I test fitted them and didnt see why they wouldnt have worked. Bet they would also work on a DBII as well. Just something else to consider. G.B.

VectorLTX2012 -
I looked at the bags from the search and am only 'lukewarm' on them. Seems like those that used them had to rejigger/reinforce the mountings, etc.
I see you have the Yamaha 'premium saddle bags'. Are those the SMA-8HG73-20-00? Or what # are they? (should be on a tag inside?)Do they give you enough storage for a 4-7 day trip?

Also you can buy the Tank/Map bag for the top of the gas tank. This will give you enough room for at least 1 or 2 days of riding. I also use these when I take trips.

Yes, that was the plan.
On my Warrior I had the tank/map bag combo, trunk bag + saddlebags. Space goes quickly when you have all the 'stuff' we all seem to "need" (electronics, etc) these days . . .

Back