• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Luggage Rack for Venture GT. (CANADA)

Superman

TY 4 Stroke Master
Website
www.lakeffectsnow.com
I'm looking for a part # SMA-8HFRR-RA-CK. I've been researching this for about a day and a half but I'm being told it's only available in Canada.
I can't believe it isn't available in the USA. Does anyone know where I can get one? Is there any Canadian dealers close to the Soo? Port Huron?
Can someone recommended dealer in Canada that will ship to the states? If anyone has seen of heard of one of these for sale I'd love to hear
about it.

need some help. Thanks.

Attachments

• Venture Rear Rack 2.png
    Venture Rear Rack 2.png
    177.4 KB · Views: 2,217

karlburns said:
How much you pay for it?

Oh man I hate to say… LOL. $290.00 shipped to my door. had to go thru Yamaha parts Canada to get it. If you have one available let me know because I have a friend who's looking for one also.

I made my own, works awesome! Simple bolt on action utilizng the exsisting Yamaha bolts and pattern.

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    546.8 KB · Views: 743
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    582.7 KB · Views: 852
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    687.2 KB · Views: 759
Could have pm'd me superman. Would have had to order it but turnaround is pretty fast if it is in stock. Couch rider has the same one on his venture. Only took them 3 tries to get the right one. Sick part is the other rack is the same price as that one and they kept sending the other one to my brother.

maim said:
Could have pm'd me superman. Would have had to order it but turnaround is pretty fast if it is in stock. Couch rider has the same one on his venture. Only took them 3 tries to get the right one. Sick part is the other rack is the same price as that one and they kept sending the other one to my brother.
Thanks, I appreciate that. A search took me to yamahagenuineparts in canada where I got it. They said it was the last one they
had in inventory and Yamaha had them on back order. Also I made a mistake on the price. With shipping this little sucker was $319
shipped to me. . A buddy of mine is also looking for one of these luggage racks. We're going full dresser on our Venture GT's.

That part is priced outrageous - really over priced - too bad it is not available to you in the US. I was lucky to get one for $150 - $160 froma guy who bought out a defunct dealership.

It's a good little rack though and also allows access to your trunk; and there is also a bag available that fits right into it with zippered storage compartments and side pockets.

I'm gonna make my own damn rack for my '13. The 4 studs are already in place, it can't be that hard! Redneck engineers unite!!

PS - take a look at the soda basket on my '06 - I catch a lot of flack for it, but the harassment subsides when I'm able to provide a few cold beverages around the campfire for mid-day break. A mid-size cooler fits in there nicely.

Attachments

• DSCF2191.JPG
    DSCF2191.JPG
    304.5 KB · Views: 741
Yeah if it works who cares what others think! ;)! BTW, I'm curious as to why you are finished riding for the season as you said on another post?

mooseflyer said:
BTW Petron, nice job on your basket - looks very sturdy.

Thanks, yeah it works really well, very sturdy and easy bolt on/off action utilizing factory setup. It's great when I go riding with my wife and kids as she likes to bring everything but the kitchen sink.

mooseflyer said:
Vacation is over, and I'm now back home 2000 miles away from my sleds and won't see them again until May. :o|
That's tough - I would be fidgetting and fretting until all the snow was gone!

Would any of you by any chance have picks of the 4 rear mounting bolts used on that rack I was able to find a used on but it didn't come with the mounting bolts/hardware.

Back