• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

M-10 and RX1

stomper

TY 4 Stroke Master
My 03 RX1 has the stock pro action suspenssion. My buddy has an new M-10 suspenssion that he put in his sled last January. He bought a new sled this year, pulled out the M-10, installed the original and sold the sled. He still has the M-10 and says if he could get $800 for it he would take it. He said that he paid $2300 for it. I am not sure what model it is but I would like to know if it would be worth the money and if it would be that much better of a ride than the pro action.

I don't know about the M10 but I just put in a Mono skid from an 06 Apex and the difference is night and day. The Mono is a very easy install because most of the holes line up with what you have in your tunnel and you should be able to find one cheaper than $800. On the down side you will probably spend some dollars on the Mono beef-up to make it stronger, and new bushings and whatever else it needs depending on the condition so if the M10 is mint it may be a wash. I've heard a few comments about the M10 being a good 'cruiser' suspension.

I've had the M10 in my old 03 for 6, maybe 7 years now. Love it. I do also have the ohlins shocks. Mine is a 136".

The M-10 works well (way better ride than stock and durable as well) and is a easy install. you wont regret it.

I finaly went over and checked out the suspenssion
It's not an m-10, it's a ZX2. It looks brand new, doesn't even look like it was ever installed. I know nothing about this suspenssion. Are they any good and is it worth $800.

If it is a ZX2 and almost new shape you better grab it before someone else does! I believe those skids are $2000 and up brand new! you may have to look into a mounting kit for an RX-1

I would think $800 is an excellent price if it looks like new. You have to have an adaptation kit to fit it to a Yamaha, which requires some riveting. I used a hand riveter, but would recommend a power riveter from a rent-all store if you don't have one.
As I said above I have had the ZX2 and M10 both in an Apex. The X2 for my riding was much better and has a great "hook-up" from a dead start, whereas the M10 will not "hook-up". The M10 was also squirrelly in powdered snow trying stay on top. Both the M10 and ZX2 have a great ride, The M10 though will have you seeing stars in your head going through G bumps, be prepared to be standing if you see one coming. The ZX2 absorbed these "G" bumps quite well.
I have also had 2 M10's in Polaris machines, a little different M10 design than the Fast design but they handled similar to the straight Fast design. I played with all different types of shock rebuilds and adjustments on the M10 and made it somewhat better. A great suspension for a smooth groomed trail. My wife has an M10 in her 600 LX, which is great for the way she rides.

My current '10 Vector suspension is much better than that of the '06 Apex, have had no desire to change anything.

Thanks guys, I will get it. I did a 75 mile ride yesterday with a buddy and he has a 07 venture. We traded sleds for a bit and I couldn't beleive the ride his had. It was like riding a cloud compared to mine. I can feel every little bump on mine. Made me realize how shitty of ride mine is. Maybe this is contributing to my back problems.

stomper said:
Thanks guys, I will get it. I did a 75 mile ride yesterday with a buddy and he has a 07 venture. We traded sleds for a bit and I couldn't beleive the ride his had. It was like riding a cloud compared to mine. I can feel every little bump on mine. Made me realize how shitty of ride mine is. Maybe this is contributing to my back problems.

Yup I had the same experience. Traded sleds with buddy (2001 pant era touring) After 5km's of rough trail I was in heaven and he was begging for his sled back. Couldn't believe how bad my skid really was. Needless to say I'm also keeping my eyes open for an upgrade.

Yeah, I absolutly love my rx1, especialy with all the upgrades that I have done on it. I actualy like it better than my wifes 06 attack. If I can get this it riding nice I will even love it more. This zx2 skid will be alot of the battle, then I will look at the front shocks and find what to do for them. Then I will be set.
It kind of sucks that a 2 year older sled has the better suspenssion. You would think that yamaha could do better.

I hope I did not mislead you. The ZX2 is not that hard to install. Just would be a lot easier with a power riveter rather than a cheap hand squeeze riveter.

No I didn't misunderstand you. I meant alot of the battle to get it riding better, not a battle to put the skid in. As far as the riviter, I know exactly what you mean and what I will be up against. I replaced the main and left bulkhead on my wifes attack and I know what it takes to pull the multi grip rivets. Thats why I bought a air riveter.

Attachments

• 000_0030.JPG
    000_0030.JPG
    318.5 KB · Views: 91
You will love the M10. I just sold my '03 RX1 with an M10. I wanted to go longer for off trail than my 121" . I'll miss her for the trails. This skid worked great. Stud the track. Perform the Apex seat swap. 13mm sway bar from Pioneer. Life is good. Also, because Polaris offered the M10 stock for a few years, you dont have to call Team for replacement parts. Go toy your Polaris dealer and order them, for a lot less too. FYI, I got more mileage out of the hyfax on the M10 that my buddies did with their factory skids. This reminds me, I need to update my signature!

Back