• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

M 10 mods for more top speed?

Buckeye

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder LE XTX 137" 50th Aniversary
My question is for those of you who are running the M 10. Just how much weight transfer do you lose and how many mph do you lose on top? Has anybody tried using 8" idler wheels, instead of the 7". I'm told that this effects the geometry and regains some top speed.

8" idlers

Do you think they will make any difference? I am now tempted to go with the M 10. I have talked to alot of people about the ExpertX and have decided against it. I am thinking with the turbo topend won't be a problem, but I don't want to lose the holeshot either.

MXZ 900: I'am intrested in your M-10 upgrades for weight transfer and regaining some of the top end that was lost... I really enjoy the ride of the M-10, I haven't had to wear a back support belt since I purchased the M-10...I ride a 1994 Mach Z...My wife just recieved her new 2004 Red RX1 and we can't wait for winter...Thanks Al :)

M10 ( MXZ900)

MXZ900,
Installed a M10 in my 03 RX1ER last spring. I'm looking for any tricks to help with weight transfer and top end. Your help is appreciated.
Thanks
GT

MXZ has it snowed enough yet? I'm trying to decide if I should buy one.

Brother just finished installing his m10 in his RX1.
Fast said that coupling block that comes with the kit should be discarded and replaced with white ones. She mentioned that they are design for the Blade. Better weight tranfer. So I guess a few people called last year looking for suggestions

Will report how it hooks up as soon as Jack hits up with some snow! :D

He also added a 1.25 rip saw. Time will tell.

Buckeye just buy it, my experience with M10 in other sleds says it will transfer at least as well as a stock Yamaha skid. But it will ride far superior, especially if you go to 136". 8)

Hi Buckeye
Why did you decide against the Expert X I was planning on going with it. I would appreciate your input.Thanks

Expert-X or M-10

After talking to alot of people, the consensus was that while the X was better than the proaction, the M-10 has a far superior ride. Especially in the bigger bumps. I talked to a guy at CC performance who sells both and he felt that some adjustments could be made to the M-10 to correct the top end speed loss. Going to 8" idlers on the back being one of the things to do. I think Precission out of Minnesota has done this with some success. Also changing the coupling blocks makes a difference in transfer. I figure if I am going to spend the money, I may as well get the best ride available and the M-10 has that hands down. I am thinking with the Turbo there will be plenty of top end regardless of what suspension we put in there. I also figure if I want to due any early season drag racing, I can always put in the pro action. That would only be if I can't get the M-10 to perform the way I would like. The other thing I didn't like about the X was the lack of available shocks for it. I would prefer Elkas or Ohlins. My thought is Ohlins in the M-10.
On a side note I would like to discuss clutching with you. I know you tried the Hammers with success. I am concerned about their reliability on the trail and on the long runs on the lake. I think I am going to start with HH's loaded to 70 grams and a 58-44 Dalton helix with a silver sec, spring and play with the primary spring to get the right final shift.

Back