• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

M&M Racing Radiator Install

petey_sx700

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX DX
2017 Viper STX DX 146
2013 Vector
2018 SRX 120
Installed extra radiator kit on Sidewinder. First impressions are very good. Rode 400 miles of icy trails and only had heat light come on at stop light for 5 minutes. Install was simple and fit and finish is great. I believe it helped most when moving so air gets across it. Very happy with the kit overall.
20200207_154223_resized.jpg
20200207_212658_resized.jpg
20200207_154218_resized.jpg
20200207_212650_resized.jpg

Are you unstudded? Ive only had my temp light come on once in over 8000miles, and it was last week after some ridiculous road run.

I like the idea of adding another rad, but I don't like the idea of adding more under hood heat.

Installed extra radiator kit on Sidewinder. First impressions are very good. Rode 400 miles of icy trails and only had heat light come on at stop light for 5 minutes. Install was simple and fit and finish is great. I believe it helped most when moving so air gets across it. Very happy with the kit overall. View attachment 153159 View attachment 153160 View attachment 153161 View attachment 153162

If you come to a stop after running with temp around 165 how many minutes can you idle with fan running before it overheats?

My Dad rides the Sidewinder primarily and is coming from a Viper. I ride a turbo Viper and we got spoiled with how you can run dry trails and leave idle for half an hour without the viper overheating. We get a lot of riding were trails are warm during the day then freeze hard at night. Sidewinder has 96 studs and gets to the temp light at least once every cold ride. I saw the MandM kit mentioned on another thread and ended up using Facebook Messenger to contact them. They were great about returning my messages. They are sending many kits to Sweden for short track models. Took him some time to get a kit that wasn't spoken for. Install took about 3 hours and replaces one plastic shroud and 1 radiator hose. Adds about half gallon of antifeeze(after losing a little). Came with plug and play wire harness that plugged into accessory plug. Self contained thermostat that turns fan on around 165, Haven't had time to clock how long it will run at idle.

Last edited:

Back