• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

M10 suspension... pros/cons of 128" over standard 121&q

pur pony

I am considering buying an M10 suspension for an RX1. I mostly trail ride and always have my wife on the back.

I was wondering whats the pros/cons for going with the new 128" track whats 13.5" wide over the standard 121" track thats 15" wide?

or should i stall a 136" x15 under a stock 121" sled?

If I were doing it I would go 136x15. It will give you much better stability and handling in the bumps with minimal push. It should also help out with the extra weight on the back from the second person. The 128x13.5 would be interesting, but may take a little extra to make it fit. The whole suspension is narrower, not just the track. I also know that in deeper snow the tend to trench quite a bit, which wouldn't be good with the extra weight of the RX. I am currently working on putting a firecat suspension (128x13.5) into my SX and have to make my own brackets to take up the extra space.

I had a m10 121 last year in my RX, awesome but you will loose top speed and it makes the sled really heavy on the skis....I aslo have 136 m10 in my sx-r...I relocated the skid further back and I cant say anything bad about...it awesome. ;)!

Back