• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

M8000 vs M7000 weights

turbo800

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'15 Viper MTX 162 LE w/ MPI 180 turbo
In case anybody was wondering how the new '15 M7000 or MTX Viper stacked up weight wise against an M8000 2 stroke, here's your answer........the short answer, M8000 is 500lbs fresh out of the crate and the M7000 is 544lbs. No fuel or oil added!

The M8k is a 162 vs a 153 on the M7k so another 5-6lbs would probably make them equal, call it 50lbs heavier...

Photo credit to Madmax

imagejpg3-3.jpg

imagejpg4-2.jpg

imagejpg2-4.jpg

imagejpg1-4.jpg

Nice. Nice scale too. I have the same one and it's pretty accurate, even down low.
I think you have it backwards. You would have to subtract 5 lbs from the M8 to make it equal to a 153 track length.

You must have edited your post....lol

I doubt it...

Thats makes the difference even closer, to be fair you could add another 20-25lbs to the M8000...

True. I seen a thread of a guy taking off his E-start on his '14 M8000 and it weighed 12kg or 26.5lbs

Is that a 2.25 on the 153? I see a front bumper difference and the tunnel bag on the M8.. just something to point out. I know it's small, but they are close to exactly the same.
Thanks for the post tho!! I was really curious as to what the M8 162 weighed!

We weighed in yesterday for my stock MTX with A full tank of petrol,oil and coolant, tunnelbag, tools, pump and both skid plates. We got 277 kg / 611 lbs. Not bad at all. My friend's M8000 with turbo weighed 276kg /608 lbs.

Swap the lead acid battery to lithium and that is about an 11 lb drop of weight and an aftermarket muffler can be another 5 to 10 lb drop depending on your desired vendor. The sleds are closer than most think in weight, even without these mods.

Swap the lead acid battery to lithium and that is about an 11 lb drop of weight and an aftermarket muffler can be another 5 to 10 lb drop depending on your desired vendor. The sleds are closer than most think in weight, even without these mods.
Yes. I will swap lithium battery later. But I will put turbo 190hp or 270hp. Then horsepower/weight ratio is 1 (1hp/1 kg ) :D :D Should be fun!

Back