• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mach Z not stock king of the lake.

Wait til the greenies wad up thier teslas. Body shops cant get parts for maybe a year. Much less anyone to diagnose issues. Sleds heading the same way. Dont need the complicated NEW stuff, imo. Stick with proven designs, and just keep refining. Winter is too short to develop new sleds.
Its a snowmobile,not the space shuttle. JMO.

It's nice to see Ski-Doo is taking ownership of this. Hope it carries over to the burnt-up Mach Z's I've seen on social media.

Screenshot_20220308-134541_copy_360x380.png

I don't believe it is in the ECU but there is a parameter we have found to cause the Mach to either go or not go. It's not in the tune its more in the variance of a certain sensor. I have around 1500 miles of messing with our Mach Z these things are incredible trail sleds as far as suspension / ride / handling / fit and finish go the Mach is absolutely the finest machine on snow in that regard. The fastest nope but it can be made to hold its own VERY cheaply for around $90 Cad in parts the Mach can make 20 psi of boost all day long and not throw codes ;) I still hate the throttle and how delayed they are I still can't figure out why they cannot make it work like the 900 N/A or my RXPX 300 but that's for another topic.

Have you been able to make it up to Canada to go riding this season? Quebec has been so bad we have only done day trips there. Have not stayed a single night hoping to next week if this country of ours gets its act together.
We haven't crossed the border since Covid hit. Who knows we may never go up there again and it's a shame since we always loved it there.
We will probably be spending whatever money we have left after buying fuel for trips to Michigan, Maine, Vermont or other US areas.
For us Canada is the most expensive place to ride but we always managed to go anyway. Now with the price of fuel up there and the never ending permit price increases we may just stay here.

May not be a Space Shuttles, but they are the rocket of sleds!
Ha Ha! You are funny. Maybe the Doo isn’t the fastest but mine is plenty fast and I’m very happy with its performance. I have never lost any riding time with my Doo’s and for that matter I never lost any with my Yamahas. I can’t say that about my Cats though. I just got back from my accountant and he said he missed the entire riding season. His 2018 Sidewinder blew out the chain case on his first ride this year and he has been waiting for parts since. I asked him if he ever checked the screw on the chain adjuster but he said he had no idea about it. Oh well I guess he doesn’t belong to TY. He did say his sled was a rocket right up till it stopped moving.

I don't believe it is in the ECU but there is a parameter we have found to cause the Mach to either go or not go. It's not in the tune its more in the variance of a certain sensor. I have around 1500 miles of messing with our Mach Z these things are incredible trail sleds as far as suspension / ride / handling / fit and finish go the Mach is absolutely the finest machine on snow in that regard. The fastest nope but it can be made to hold its own VERY cheaply for around $90 Cad in parts the Mach can make 20 psi of boost all day long and not throw codes ;) I still hate the throttle and how delayed they are I still can't figure out why they cannot make it work like the 900 N/A or my RXPX 300 but that's for another topic.

Have you been able to make it up to Canada to go riding this season? Quebec has been so bad we have only done day trips there. Have not stayed a single night hoping to next week if this country of ours gets its act together.
Well, it may have a cable, but it doesn't connect to the throttle body.

Hey Joe, I see you had to look back at some vintage photo's to find a Doo being towed.
seems to me that virtually every intersection up in Maine there is a Doo pulled over with the side panel off and a few guys looking at the clutches, I rarely stop at intersections because I use a GPS with maps but it's a common sight..they look like newer sleds to me but it's really just a blur as I go by.

Ha Ha! You are funny. Maybe the Doo isn’t the fastest but mine is plenty fast and I’m very happy with its performance. I have never lost any riding time with my Doo’s and for that matter I never lost any with my Yamahas. I can’t say that about my Cats though. I just got back from my accountant and he said he missed the entire riding season. His 2018 Sidewinder blew out the chain case on his first ride this year and he has been waiting for parts since. I asked him if he ever checked the screw on the chain adjuster but he said he had no idea about it. Oh well I guess he doesn’t belong to TY. He did say his sled was a rocket right up till it stopped moving.
You’ll never catch me saying that these Yamacats are for everyone! Infact, if you aren’t the DIY Pre season maintenance type, or think you can just throw a leg over one of these and ride, season after season, your in for a rude awakening, soon!

But by far the best sled that I have ever owned, when you equate ride, handling and ease of adding power to the already very smooth and powerful sled.

As far as being the fastest? There’s always someone out there who is faster!
Anytime you see one of these on the trail, you have to wonder how many hidden ponies are under that hood! I get that a lot at stops!

Yep it’s got some age on it now, but still doing it for me.

I’m sure your loving your new ride also!
“Like what you ride and ride what you like”

Enjoy the rest of the season. Caribou next weekend for my wife and I, with a new for her VECTOR with EPS. Been on a couple of rides with it, she likes it a lot!

seems to me that virtually every intersection up in Maine there is a Doo pulled over with the side panel off and a few guys looking at the clutches, I rarely stop at intersections because I use a GPS with maps but it's a common sight..they look like newer sleds to me but it's really just a blur as I go by.
Ok it's getting really deep now Joe. I have no idea why guys have to make stuff up? I guess if you are going to do it try to make it somewhat believable. So you go through intersections so fast that the Doo's with their side panels opened are just a blur.
That's some funny stuff right there Joe. Posts like yours make it really hard to read stuff on the internet.

Does any body else just roll thier eyes when they see a heading show up with "xp123"???? I do just cant wait to read about more doo garbage, i believe somebody on here wished theyed go back to thier own doo loving site and pack sunshine up each others arsh.

Ok it's getting really deep now Joe. I have no idea why guys have to make stuff up? I guess if you are going to do it try to make it somewhat believable. So you go through intersections so fast that the Doo's with their side panels opened are just a blur.
That's some funny stuff right there Joe. Posts like yours make it really hard to read stuff on the internet.

I read 'blur' as a metaphor for it happens so often its not worth paying attention to so its all a blur as you go by. When people say stuff like 'the vacation was great, it went by in a blur' they don't mean that time actually happened faster or that they were moving so fast that everything around them was 'blurred'.

Living by a trail I see a number of sleds every season hanging off the end of a rope (or strap). My buddy lives right on a trail so he sees it more often. A 4-stroke would be a unicorn sighting, its almost always a 2-stroke and there is a better than even chance its a doo but that probably has more to do with the number of them that are out there and the fact that most riders are lazy about maintenance. Last winter I watched one (MXZ I think, hard to tell) burn to the ice which was impressive as there wasn't much left after the fire. I initially tried to help but I realized it was burning just fine on its own... see - thats a joke, I don't literally mean that.

What makes it hard to read on the internet is reading too much into what people type. There isn't anyone on this forum that I wouldn't sit down with and have a civil conversation and a beer. Maybe not more than one but at least one.

This. I'm a call it as I see it guy. I ride a lot. 5k miles this season on a short season so far. I rarely find a Doo on the side of the trail with the panels off. This year, maybe two or three. Stop making #*$&@ up. Our sleds have issues as well, as evidenced by me blowing out my oil tank gasket this year from a frozen roll over valve. Ruined the last three days of a trip to Quebec.

I read 'blur' as a metaphor for it happens so often its not worth paying attention to so its all a blur as you go by. When people say stuff like 'the vacation was great, it went by in a blur' they don't mean that time actually happened faster or that they were moving so fast that everything around them was 'blurred'.

Living by a trail I see a number of sleds every season hanging off the end of a rope (or strap). My buddy lives right on a trail so he sees it more often. A 4-stroke would be a unicorn sighting, its almost always a 2-stroke and there is a better than even chance its a doo but that probably has more to do with the number of them that are out there and the fact that most riders are lazy about maintenance. Last winter I watched one (MXZ I think, hard to tell) burn to the ice which was impressive as there wasn't much left after the fire. I initially tried to help but I realized it was burning just fine on its own... see - thats a joke, I don't literally mean that.

What makes it hard to read on the internet is reading too much into what people type. There isn't anyone on this forum that I wouldn't sit down with and have a civil conversation and a beer. Maybe not more than one but at least one.
But then a fight would break out over Canadian vs. American beer!! :beer:

This. I'm a call it as I see it guy. I ride a lot. 5k miles this season on a short season so far. I rarely find a Doo on the side of the trail with the panels off. This year, maybe two or three. Stop making #*$&@ up. Our sleds have issues as well, as evidenced by me blowing out my oil tank gasket this year from a frozen roll over valve. Ruined the last three days of a trip to Quebec.
I’m surprised you did not delete it from the start.

Back