• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mach Z not stock king of the lake.

Well that is truly awsome speed Bob,ya sometimes these 141,s that are uncoupled run real well,but the 13/4 track lug height,now that really sounds awsome.
The main reason I have never pushed my sled to a max top speed is I have concerns that the one ply 141x1.75 track will self destruct at speeds in excess of 120mph.

More screwing around on the lake today. Same results for Mach Z. He was running @ 7900 he said. Either the chassis robs power compared to the T cat ‘s
or it is down in power. Wish we has a stock SRX around to see how much faster the SRX was compared to the T cat . Taller gears and a 1 inch track have to be good for at least 5 mph.

I have no idea how fast my SW will go as I have never held it WFO long enough to find out. I have never owned a sled prior to my SW that is so fast that I never maxed it out! The max I have seen on my GPS is 119mph and it was still pulling hard.
Gotta love these sleds.
Same here! Maybe Ill spot a sled in the distance...smell some 2 smoke....and press the time dilation device under my thumb, and Im there!!

In the high end speeds ,my 2019 X-TX LE speedo over indicates by 7% when compared to the GPS.
When riding side by side with an 850 Renegade, the Ski Doo speedo reads even higher then mine!
The Ski Doo speedos truly are dream meters.
Since the availability of GPS, anytime someone claims top speed if they don't show me on the GPS I lose interest very quickly.
Speaking of dream meters, remember the Apex? Buddy of mine told me he could do 136 mph. Got him to go to local river on ice to run my Firecat at the time. Well, if his Apex was doing 136, my Firecat must have been doing 150!!! True story!! ( BTW, Firecat 118 on gps)

My buddy just received his and he said he don't dare line up with a stock sidewinder. He can only get 105 on the speedo! His hurricane 205hp 900 from last year would run with stock winders and beat the odd one.

Looks like we'll have to wait longer for a true contender to challenge us.
Maybe Doo will come out with a true 1000cc machine?
Or Polaris?
Suddenly, the narrative from those who bought these has changed to 'I don't care about top speed', or 'I just want to get to 100 really fast', or 'anything over 110 mph scares me'.
Comical.

I'll bet the Doo 900R is a fantastic sled from top to bottom. It likely checks all the right boxes. Under normal circumstances, I believe the top speed wouldn't be a big deal to most.

However, Doo had to offer in a 1 year only, Mach Z package. They emphasized that this was a lake racer and charged a premium for it. The fact that it is the slowest of all 900r variants is a slap in the face to those who bought them.

I follow all the threads on Dootalk because I'm interested in the 900r to replace my Sidewinder. It will be interesting to see how Doo handles the dissatisfied customers. It is looking like they are running 2-3lbs under the advertised boost levels from Doo.

Back