• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mach Z not stock king of the lake.

fourload

TY 4 Stroke Master
Finally our 31 mile lake is frozen. Very little snow on the lake and flat as a pancake . About 0f all day. Super hard ice. One of my friends bought his cousin up with a new Mach Z with about 300 miles of Tug Hill riding on it. My friend has a 2021 Maytrix 850 with a couple thousand miles on it. My other friend got a new T cat with power steering. They are all stock and studded My 17 Winder is tuned so I stayed out of the racing till the end. They all ran close to a mile and started from a 20mph roll due to hard ice and not much traction. T cat all the way. Probably at least 10 sled lengths pretty much pulling the other 2 the whole way. The 850 Poo Poo and the Mach Z were pretty even almost every race. My Powertrail tuned Winder out ran the T cat pretty easily at the end as I expected. Sorry no gps and no video. My crappy iPhone died in the cold. Lots more racing tomorrow before the snowstorm.

Sounds about right. STEVEOCD reported that his barely edges an 850 or an Apex.

I'm on a Mach Z group. Many guys are now coming back with speedo indicated 118mph runs.
I really believe, as with all sleds.....some are studs & some are duds.
I'm starting to believe this 900r is a contender.

Note: I'm guessing they lack strong throttle at 80mph+ like the winders.
But that's becoming less important to me as I age.

Good read.....thanks!

I'm on a Mach Z group. Many guys are now coming back with speedo indicated 118mph runs.

Good read.....thanks!

Speedo indicated on the Doo. That would be 108-109 MPH actual as they are 8% off, if there was zero track spin! I wouldn't call that a contender. I'd be fricken embarrassed to bring that stone around a T-Cat or Winder.

Just for reference, I've been 124 MPH on the Doo Speedo on my NA 1200 on a road! So 118 speedo on the ice isn't squat for a 193 HP turbo. I'd do that on a short pull on my 1200 NA, all day-everyday even in poor conditions. Those 900R's are plain and simply slow for the power they show on the dyno.

My 1200 was quick for a natural aspirated sled though too, but it wasn't over 155 HP I know that. just a PB80, RB3 fuel and ignition controller, header and modded muffler that spun up at more than 9000 RPM once I raised the rev limit up. My 1200 NA was an underdog for the power it made, RPM made that biotch what it was. It would beat any 800 or Apex, even modded ones. There was only one 800 I couldn't outrun and it was a modded Cat 800 that made a supposed 185 or so. The 900R is just the opposite of an underdog, its just a dog thats never going to hunt like it should.

Good read.....thanks!
The only 118 I seen was with Hurricanes ECU.

My friend with the T cat said he saw 116 on his speedo. Only 170 miles on his sled. These were near perfect conditions with a slight crosswind. I will see the Mach tomorrow and ask him what rpm he was running. He was a little bent he couldn’t walk away from the Poo.

They got issues. The biggest thing I see is I don't think any of the Mach Z's are making the advertised 17.5lbs of boost. The highest I seen was 16.4. The ones that are really slow, I bet are more like 13-14psi. Definitely think something in the ECU is holding them back from making boost.

At the beginning of the month, only a few took delivery of their Mach Z. Those guys, along with hurricane where typically running 107-110mph. Now more guys are getting out and possibly in better conditions.
Claims are more in the 110mph+ range. With a growing group that claim 115mph and higher. What's not to believe?

Ski-Doo (Marketing) doesn't need to produce the "fastest sled" to win. They already have. (Won)

I think the 900r platform is a bullseye at a completely balanced sled. (From a marketing standpoint)

I don't wear anyone's blinders & don't like the taste of Kool aid.

With all that said....I've got my stock Sidewinder, 100% ready to dish out some absolute punishment to the Mach Z. Heading up to northern Wis/UP on Monday, for a week or so.

It’s all the Kool Aid drinkers that believed the MachZ was going to demolish the SW in top speed. Those are the guys that are sour.

Agree. just remember....there's winders out there that are poorly maintained going up against freshly tuned Mach Z's. It is what it is.
Seriously hope I run into one or two of them. Especially around lake gogebic...lol.

Back