• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mach Z not stock king of the lake.

if a race is a mile or longer I agree with you Steve
There are a lot of stock issues with all three brands so luck of the draw there
A race is 500-660 ft here and good luck catching the sled that wins the gate shot
I also posted videos of tunes sleds. Who has stock sleds
Not too many
We drag race and I post real data
This is a safe space for people to say whatever they want
Bs stops when hand drops on lake
500 feet is a joke. A real race is 0-1000 or 1320 feet.

Last edited:

I guess to you but not here
But if I was close to you we could run them 1500
You might be surprised
I do my homework
And again the 998 is fast so they are fun to race
The video that Steve posted is real
That happened and I wouldn’t argue a camera
Some sleds don’t perform like others either
Looks like his mach runs good

Last edited:
if a race is a mile or longer I agree with you Steve
There are a lot of stock issues with all three brands so luck of the draw there
A race is 500-660 ft here and good luck catching the sled that wins the gate shot
I also posted videos of tunes sleds. Who has stock sleds
Not too many
We drag race and I post real data
This is a safe space for people to say whatever they want
Bs stops when hand drops on lake
"I post real data"
Oh come on, when you first showed up on this website boasting about how fast your boost was with just a tune you conveniently forgot to mention that it was a race gas tune.
It was then a few days later that ultrazalis let the cat out of the bag that it also had a modded head.

I'm not sure you've earned the right to decide when the 'BS' stops just yet.

I’m sorry I hurt your feelings
I’m sorry I tuned my sled
I hope you get a good nights sleep and can rest assured there was an excuse for the loss
Lol
Entertainment
Bs stops on the lake
Not the internet
That’s the safe place
Where are your twos videos of racing btw

Why did don’t you guys go back where you came from and leave us poor deluded Yamaha guys alone? I never understood people who get off just trying to get other people riled up. This thread can die anytime.

The 998 is the benchmark!
That’s why we have these threads.
It keeps people in the loop about other brands and honestly it’s entertaining!
I’m not brand specific. I think they all have their strengths and weaknesses.
I’m also not apposed to congratulate someone for their efforts, regardless what they’re on.
What I find comical is how some people get all bent out of shape when something is close to or beats a sidewinder.
There will be some well set up Mach Z’s that will lay a beating on some 998’s… it’s just the nature of this industry!

What I can’t figure out is why my tuned 998 beats others with the same mods
That’s odd
Its the little things.. Traction, clutching, and TESTING. I will say after hanging out @ bents for a few years now, the 1100 cats are the KINGS on the lake. Yup those old 1100 cats.. That sled with the right traction and mods is hard to beat. At least from what I see in northern WI come presidents weekend in February.

It's the only way a two stroke stands a chance.
I moved on from 2 strokes back in 2006 when I bought my Apex. The only 2 strokes I have left are my two chainsaws. I will never own another 2 stroke and as far as I'm concerned the only engines that are worth owning in snowmobiles are the Yamaha and Rotax 4 strokes.
I love the 998 in the Winder and T cat and also the different 900's in the Doo's. There is nothing that can compete with the 998 when it's tuned up and from everything I have seen the Boost can't compete with the Doo or Yamaha 4 strokes even in stock tune.
Every year there is so much Polaris hype and the Boost was supposed to be the 2 stroke answer to the 4 stroke turbos. I think the Boost failures are just a small percentage of all the other Polaris short cummings the Poo faithful have to deal with.

I moved on from 2 strokes back in 2006 when I bought my Apex. The only 2 strokes I have left are my two chainsaws. I will never own another 2 stroke and as far as I'm concerned the only engines that are worth owning in snowmobiles are the Yamaha and Rotax 4 strokes.
I love the 998 in the Winder and T cat and also the different 900's in the Doo's. There is nothing that can compete with the 998 when it's tuned up and from everything I have seen the Boost can't compete with the Doo or Yamaha 4 strokes even in stock tune.
Every year there is so much Polaris hype and the Boost was supposed to be the 2 stroke answer to the 4 stroke turbos. I think the Boost failures are just a small percentage of all the other Polaris short cummings the Poo faithful have to deal with.
Most of the owners know that you need to move them along at the 5-7000 mile mark or they end up at the end of a tow rope.

Its the little things.. Traction, clutching, and TESTING. I will say after hanging out @ bents for a few years now, the 1100 cats are the KINGS on the lake. Yup those old 1100 cats.. That sled with the right traction and mods is hard to beat. At least from what I see in northern WI come presidents weekend in February.
Yup, all the low end torque on the ole Suzuki "anvil" motor make them hard to beat from A to B in a drag race.

30 grand? I’d have that in a 998 easy at todays price
How is your sled setup for traction? I’m curious what you’ve done to run over 100 stock in 500 ft because you’re at least in the 1.5s in 60 ft and pushing high 3s in 330
That’s hauling the mail
240 1.5" lake racers at 1/2" penetration what do you run for traction

The 998 is the benchmark!
That’s why we have these threads.
It keeps people in the loop about other brands and honestly it’s entertaining!
I’m not brand specific. I think they all have their strengths and weaknesses.
I’m also not apposed to congratulate someone for their efforts, regardless what they’re on.
What I find comical is how some people get all bent out of shape when something is close to or beats a sidewinder.
There will be some well set up Mach Z’s that will lay a beating on some 998’s… it’s just the nature of this industry!
Right.... But Trailblaizer is NOT comparing apples to apples as he thumps his chest! Is it fair to see him run against a pro mod with a 700hp when he has a trail sled, because he runs on race gas in the trail? The answer is NO. No one is doubting that he cant make a sled run, but to come on here saying that he beats most to all 998's is an insult where he has NOT really told the truth from the start. He is obviously trying to stir the pot!

Like I said.... Start porting the 998 and changing the head like he did, full exhaust, Tune, bigger turbo, injectors, fuel pump, stretched to 154, etc..... He has no chance and nor should he. His 500 foot races is all about traction, gearing and transfer. Quick spool and a tune that is good for 500 feet and your golden. He thinks his "Trail Sled" on race gas will smoke all 4 strokes. Its annoying and no one cares about a 2 stroke BOOST on this form. The Mach Z is a direct comparison to the 998 and that is why the post went 50 + pages before he started thumping his chest about his big 2 stroke BOOST can beat the 998.

Last edited:

Back