• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Machine secondary

kimcoop1324

Extreme
Country
USA
I had to remove 2 mm off the shaft of secondary to get to 60mm I was wondering if I need to remove 2mm off of spacer behind bolt that holds secondary on.

I had to remove 2 mm off the shaft of secondary to get to 60mm I was wondering if I need to remove 2mm off of spacer behind bolt that holds secondary on.
Many of us use a belt deflection tool.....so that makes things simpler.

Dan

https://ty4stroke.com/threads/my-rtx-le-50th-build-thread-rockerdan.149801/page-24#post-1412533
octogon-adjsuter-jpeg.137297

img_1383-jpg.136861

Thanks for all the responses. I did use the Hurricane alignment tool and only needed to remove 1mm off shaft but took 2mm off and used a 1mm shim so the shaft wouldn't rub c clip on bearing. Now the gauge fits snug. I also bought Bop belt adjuster. I was just curious as to why I didn't have any washers on stock secondary bolt and if that was normal. So I should use the 4 washers that came with Bop's adjuster?

Thanks for all the responses. I did use the Hurricane alignment tool and only needed to remove 1mm off shaft but took 2mm off and used a 1mm shim so the shaft wouldn't rub c clip on bearing. Now the gauge fits snug. I also bought Bop belt adjuster. I was just curious as to why I didn't have any washers on stock secondary bolt and if that was normal. So I should use the 4 washers that came with Bop's adjuster?
I think if I recall, I removed one or two washers from my BOP after I machined mine and moved things inward. You can test fit it when you install the BOP adjuster, and it will become apparent how many you need to remove, if any.

Dan

Thanks Dan I appreciate your response. You were testing a new helix and weights last year. How did that go? I'm thinking of putting a new helix and Dalton weights along with a td powertrail with my muffler modded. I have the blk/org Dalton secondary spring and was wondering what you used for weights and helix in your set up.

Thanks Dan I appreciate your response. You were testing a new helix and weights last year. How did that go? I'm thinking of putting a new helix and Dalton weights along with a td powertrail with my muffler modded. I have the blk/org Dalton secondary spring and was wondering what you used for weights and helix in your set up.
I run a more powerful setup, so you will need to be lighter with that TD map. You can get all 3 maps for same price with hurricane, and have best of all worlds, just need to buy the flasher/or new cluster flash. But then you can add the handlebar switch which i love.

Im not sure where Im heading this season yet on helix....I think we need to get a new thread going.

Dan

That hurricane bundle 240,270 and 290hp. That would require a modified muffler correct? Does dave modify stock muffler or would the trail one he sells be better? Im only asking because Maine has strict laws with high fines on loud exhaust or aftermarket. Also you mentioned a handlebar button.. i did not see that in their store. Would that be part of a package with the bundle?

That hurricane bundle 240,270 and 290hp. That would require a modified muffler correct? Does dave modify stock muffler or would the trail one he sells be better? Im only asking because Maine has strict laws with high fines on loud exhaust or aftermarket. Also you mentioned a handlebar button.. i did not see that in their store. Would that be part of a package with the bundle?
Any tune that is gonna work well, IMO needs to breathe. There are several Stock MODDED mufflers out there, I have a TD myself, i like quiet and its near stock quiet. Sandale make an amazing stock modded too, and Dave makes a "replica of stocker" which eliminates the need to have to mod your OWN muffer. I have not heard but it was designed by Dave to be stock like quiet and looks same, yet all these have a full 2.5" intlet/outlet for HP. Personally I would never run anything louder anymore....These make huge power and boost, darn near same as most louder 2.5s aftermarket.

Dave will be calling his handlebar button, "flash to pass". It allows one to hit button on the fly,even under acceleration....Hence "flash to pass" and off you go, blowing the doors off your buddy like hitting NOS button..lol

The buttons will be avail very soon, before the snow flies. I tested mine for GAP last spring, works flawless so see my videos, all in my build thread.

Dan

Thanks again Dan I will revisit your build thread to see your progress. I was curious about the hurricane maps and if they (270hp 290hp) run ok if the gas quality isn't that good. One never knows what their getting out there in the middle of nowhere. I'm only asking because the td power trail map runs on low quality fuel , or so they say.

Thanks again Dan I will revisit your build thread to see your progress. I was curious about the hurricane maps and if they (270hp 290hp) run ok if the gas quality isn't that good. One never knows what their getting out there in the middle of nowhere. I'm only asking because the td power trail map runs on low quality fuel , or so they say.

Last year I ran the hurricane 270 race tune most of the season, I did have a couple times where I seen knock at WOT, but that was due to 91 octane gas that wasn’t very great in a remote area. Put some torco octane boost in and I was good to go. Also had times where I could only put 87 octane in and when I run into that and didn’t have any octane booster I just switched tunes and ran the 240 tune and had no issues at all. That’s kind of the beauty of buying the flasher and bundle of tunes!

So you think it could pass as a stock muffler
I run Hurricane’s stock replacement. I’m in Maine, have had no issues. You can put the cover from your stock muffler on it if you’re worried about it.

Back