• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Machining the Secondary hub ?

sledheadgeorge

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Which one? I have 6
Took my secondary in to get it machined. Needed 4mm cut to get the offset right.
When I picked it up they machined the wrong side of the hub. #%&ck. Will this affect the helix travel?

:o| Yes toasted

you need this part; 8KC-17660-00-00

Hang on. 4 MM even if off the right side will put the movable past the end of the shaft. If you have to machine that much I'd check the PTO shaft on the engine because its moved inward.

Back to machining of the wrong end. If the helix still has half the bushing left it rides on it should be fine, however, you will need to machine the alum plug and use a washer that is smaller than the helix bushing and is not going to bind it up and hold it on the shaft. You will also probably need to shim for the belt deflection differently rather than using washers on the end of the shaft, use washers inside the driven clutch for deflection I mean.

At 4mm with no shim the clutch movable sheave will hit the bearing housing for the jackahaft.
Do what Knapp said.

At 4mm with no shim the clutch movable sheave will hit the bearing housing for the jackahaft.
Do what Knapp said.

That takes into account the 2mm washer and cerclip I will put back on. That's why I had it cut. Removed the circlip and washer but still wasn't enough offset.

That takes into account the 2mm washer and cerclip I will put back on. That's why I had it cut. Removed the circlip and washer but still wasn't enough offset.
I say run it!

Back