• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Map for each cylinder

My_nanc

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 viper
Well i finally got around to drilling out my header on the viper today so i can install the o2 sensor in each cylinder to see what my fuel ratios are with my k@n intake. I will note and make a custom map for each cylinder with this data. I am committed now.​

Well i finally got around to drilling out my header on the viper today so i can install the o2 sensor in each cylinder to see what my fuel ratios are with my k@n intake. I will note and make a custom map for each cylinder with this data. I am committed now.​
This should be interesting. One thing to consider is valve clearance. If you check that post there is pattern of which seem to be tighter. Also don't forget we can sync the Throttlebodies also.

I am not familiar with the valve clearance, is it excessive on some? I also done think this would have to much effect on balancing out the cylinders with fuel maping, I do think by not running the stock intake box and using the k&n filter the air flow will be changed.

ok I am going to skip the valves for now as I only have 4500kms on this sled, for all values I have set the autotune to 13.2 and the idle for 12.5, at the beginning when first start its 10.8 this is all on cylinder #2. I will do a few runs based off my original map to see how each cylinder will differ. I will do a cold start inside building and tak outside and do the same runs each time on each cylinder till I have a close map that don't chance much.

so far lean out heavy on the idle and cut fuel on mid range. which is close to my base map, now putting it into anouther cylinder, what cylinder is number one based on the powercamander, I can find out by disconnecting an injector or spark I guess if no one knows.

so far lean out heavy on the idle and cut fuel on mid range. which is close to my base map, now putting it into anouther cylinder, what cylinder is number one based on the powercamander, I can find out by disconnecting an injector or spark I guess if no one knows.
Good question. Never tuned each cylinder separate but I assume it would be the PTO/Clutch side like Yamaha designates.

yep it was, well I am bouncing off rev limiter again and throttle also feels more responsive, and idle is wayyyy smother now. there was a huge difference between each cylinder at idle for fuel values. I called power commander and am going to get the rev extend code so I can bump up the 500rpm then I wont do anymore clutching I think. it pulls hard at bottom end.

Here are the 3 maps, idles way better and mid to top pulls hard now.... was way rich at bottom end also on all cylinders. I will know about the cold start within a week or so. But when its cold in shop it fires up instantly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181217-202133_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181217-202133_Gallery.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot_20181217-202128_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181217-202128_Gallery.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_20181217-202121_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181217-202121_Gallery.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 85
Here are the 3 maps, idles way better and mid to top pulls hard now.... was way rich at bottom end also on all cylinders. I will know about the cold start within a week or so. But when its cold in shop it fires up instantly.
That is really cool! Thank You. Well done!

got my rpm increase and also ablility to do spark advance, am I safe with a 2 degree mid to top end? does anyone have any ignition maps for the viper N/A

Back