• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Marginal snow kit.

I was actually surprised how easy it was to install. As the kit mentions, you do have to drill the rail, but that was just a bit unerving.

The block that ships with the kit is also the drill guide. It's simple and easy to drill the aluminum. Flip the block around and bolt it in.

One lesson I learned, use a bit of locktite to keep it on. The one on the left spun off sometime this season, or the end of last season. I had not even noticed. But the hyfax wore to the rail on the left side and not ont he right. Of Course, wheel spin was the opposite direction on the left side and locktite would have kept it on!!

So who is the locktite expert, which one does one use to keep this bolt in aluminium? Don't they go by color?

Good luck!

camoman said:
How difficult is it to install the Yamaha front idler kit? My sliders also wore through there and actually slightly wore my rails..
It's a very easy install.When you put the block on the rail give it a tap with a rubber mallet so it sets in tight against the rail before you drill it.Make sure you use locktite and mark your bolts with permanent marker to see if they backed off.The only thing you have to remember is the bearings will have to be replaced in these wheel twice as much as your other wheel because they are smaller and moving faster.

Back