• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Max spool 16 & 8jp question

Doc Harley

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX SE
This will be my first time at the lake with MS16. Is it better to run a proven belt with 2,000miles on it or put on a new belt and break it in?
Going to drop sled & head to the lake. I can take time and break in the new one. That's not a big deal.

This will be my first time at the lake with MS16. Is it better to run a proven belt with 2,000miles on it or put on a new belt and break it in?
Going to drop sled & head to the lake. I can take time and break in the new one. That's not a big deal.
Wow, an 8jp with 2000 miles on it. Yeah change it out and break in the new one!
Here's to hearing that 8950 - 9050 rpm range once belt is broken in.
Hope the lake is smooth and fast for you.

Wow, an 8jp with 2000 miles on it. Yeah change it out and break in the new one!
Here's to hearing that 8950 - 9050 rpm range once belt is broken in.
Hope the lake is smooth and fast for you.
Thanks, Motorhead..... completely STOKED!

Better get that 2000 mile 8jp belt to the smithsonian, as motorhead said a new one, your new found power will quickly vaporize the old one, good back up spare to get ya home or tow a dead ski- doo or poo!

Better get that 2000 mile 8jp belt to the smithsonian, as motorhead said a new one, your new found power will quickly vaporize the old one, good back up spare to get ya home or tow a dead ski- doo or poo!
Definitely.....I'll probably make the switch to XS825 after this week. Lol.
Nothing like minding my own business and a Boost or modded Mach Z shows up. Then half track BOOM!!
"Hey guys....I was about a bus length on you just b4 she let go."

Switch over to the 825 .
You will need to re clutch with the xs825. Dropped my RPM close to 300 with the sm powertrail tune.

Funny you should mention....i was going with a brand new 8jp. I posted on FB that I wanted an XS825. A guy is coming home (probably a member of ty) & I'm heading up at the same time. Going to meet up and purchase it from him.
So yes, I'll have to lose a little weight. Qay-70's @ 72g now. so might be back close to empty (70g) ?!?!

Funny you should mention....i was going with a brand new 8jp. I posted on FB that I wanted an XS825. A guy is coming home (probably a member of ty) & I'm heading up at the same time. Going to meet up and purchase it from him.
So yes, I'll have to lose a little weight. Qay-70's @ 72g now. so might be back close to empty (70g) ?!?!
They might be too heavy, even empty with the XS825.

I believe Justinator found QAY66 worked best with that tune and belt.

They might be too heavy, even empty with the XS825.

I believe Justinator found QAY66 worked best with that tune and belt.
Funny thing....I have a couple primary springs I could try.
Dalton BLK/BRZ w/128 finish
Yamaha Blu/wht/Blu w/111 finish
Would either of these help or hurt?!?!
I forget how the finish works exactly?!?!
I think a higher finish results in higher RPM which might offset the belt?

Higher finish rate equals higher rpms, if you have a belt sander or such you could reshape the end of weights lighter, say 2 grams for more adjustment range, with your scale ofcourse, worked well for me with magnetic type wieghts for cat.

Higher finish rate equals higher rpms, if you have a belt sander or such you could reshape the end of weights lighter, say 2 grams for more adjustment range, with your scale ofcourse, worked well for me with magnetic type wieghts for cat.
I understand what you're saying. To be honest, I'll need the weight later 275+.
I'm very hopeful that one of those springs (Dalton BLK/BRZ) will offset the XS825. If not I'll have to run the 8jp.

Stock primary spring 105+/-
Dalton BLK BRZ. 128

I'm not sure what the 23 extra lbs of finish will do? Gotta be 300 - 400 RPMs higher.
Am I incorrect?

I read in ty that a gram of weight is appx. 200rpms
Couldn't find anything in regards to primary spring finish force?

In my case I liked the 66gram base with weight added to be better but I think youll be okay with 70's but likely empty. Depends on your weight and track and secondary setup etc.

Back