• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Maxxis Bighorns, anyone running them?

Put a set on my brothers Eiger couple of months ago and had major wheel shake. Just last week the distributor sent me another set of new ones to replace them and it now rides super smooth and ture down the road or trail. Since they are on his machine I do not get allot of riding on them but when I have riden them I have been very happy with the performance. I don't think you can go wrong with them if you want a trail tire to replace stock tires, they are much better than stock in all conditions except I have not had them in snow yet. Also note that they are a true 25" tire, actually measuring a little over 25" with 4.5psi in them.

I have them and I swear by them. I think that they are a great all terrain trail tire. They also hold their own very well in the mud, although I wouldn't consider them a mud tire. Mine are the 26" and I wouldn't recommend going any larger. The Maxxis tires are larger than ITPs. My 26" Bighorns stand a good 1 to 1 1/2" taller than my 26" Mudlites. I have had more than one person say that they thought the Bighorns were 27".

I often wonder what kind of tape measure that manufacturers use on their tires. The 26" Dirt Devils I had on my 00 Grizzly were not as tall as stock tires on my sons 00 Grizzly. Both quads were at 5lbs and when we lined them up and set a level on them the stock 25's were a tad taller. That is why I ordered 27" DD's for my 06. The DD's looked bigger because of the more agressive tread. :ORC

dknarnd said:
Put a set on my brothers Eiger couple of months ago and had major wheel shake. Just last week the distributor sent me another set of new ones to replace them and it now rides super smooth and ture down the road or trail. Since they are on his machine I do not get allot of riding on them but when I have riden them I have been very happy with the performance. I don't think you can go wrong with them if you want a trail tire to replace stock tires, they are much better than stock in all conditions except I have not had them in snow yet. Also note that they are a true 25" tire, actually measuring a little over 25" with 4.5psi in them.

I am told the Bighorns are factory balanced, and come with a yellow dot on the sidewall to line up with the valve stem.

BTW, I just ordered my 25's.

Rider how do you like them? I know they aren't a mud tire but have you had then in mud and how did they do? I mostly ride trails but I don't avoid mud at all. They seem like a good fit for me but I'm concerned about the mud issue.

Ganz said:

Rider how do you like them? I know they aren't a mud tire but have you had then in mud and how did they do? I mostly ride trails but I don't avoid mud at all. They seem like a good fit for me but I'm concerned about the mud issue.

Well, I wish I could comment on the mud performance, but or last couple of rides have gotten cancelled due to some unexpected happenings.... :o| ....But it is going into fall and that usually means lots of leaves and mud, so stay tuned for a report. On rocks and hardpack so far.....I could not be happier! Ride is awesome, as it is far less bouncy than the stockers.

MY BROTHER IN LAW JUST PUT A SET ON HIS BRUTE AND THEY ARE VERY INPRESSIVE, HANDLE GREAT AND RIDE REAL NICE. GREAT ALL AROUND TIRE. I WOULD RECOMEND THEM

I got 25x10x12 all the way around, Great tire 800+ miles no signs of wear and travel at least 13 miles of pavement to get to the trails, Ride smooth, Climb like crazy, mud ok,

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 11,194
  • DSCF0134.JPG
    DSCF0134.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 892

Back