• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MBRP Exhaust for Sidewinder

budman 1000

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2023 Yamaha LTX GT, 2017 Sidewinder XTX LE 137; 2015 Apex xtx, 2010 Nytro xtx turbo, 2008 nytro rtx, 2005 RS Vector MTN turbo
I noticed on the MBRP website they are listing an muffler for the Sidewinder and I'm wondering if anyone got to try one on there sled this past winter and how they liked it?

I noticed on the MBRP website they are listing an muffler for the Sidewinder and I'm wondering if anyone got to try one on there sled this past winter and how they liked it?

I am curious also! They make really nice stuff. Have their exhaust on my apex and my gawd, it sounded horny!

Their race version is not quiet by any means...likely a ticket for sure IMO. I do believe they have a trail version coming too, but not sure its ready yet. Many great PROVEN options out there now for an entire season, and if you need stock like quiet and stock look, the stock modded is always gonna be the best choice for all, including HP.

Just may have to get one of these, price is right also!

You got that right about the price. Ive been researching and trying to figure out which muffler/tune im going to run this season. I understand the smaller performance companies have to make a profit, but 700 bucks for a 2.5 inch magnaflow muffler is pretty steep in my books.

You got that right about the price. Ive been researching and trying to figure out which muffler/tune im going to run this season. I understand the smaller performance companies have to make a profit, but 700 bucks for a 2.5 inch magnaflow muffler is pretty steep in my books.
I think it sounds nice, too bad buddy wouldn't shut his yap in the video so we can just hear the exhaust lol

price sure does seem more reasonable verses the other options available, hopefully MBRP will have some available this winter for guys to try

I was emailing Mbrp early last season anxiously waiting their release and couldnt put it off any longer ( everything I own has an exhaust on it ) I went with cr racing’s resonator exhaust , if your in Canada it’s excellent price and it LOUD ! If that isn’t an issue for you I would recommend it

price sure does seem more reasonable verses the other options available, hopefully MBRP will have some available this winter for guys to try

Apparently MBRP is making a trail muffler now. They have a customers sidewinder as the test sled and it should be ready to go next week.

Always consider that many of these muffler are baffled by using insulated materials. And over time they will GET VERY LOUD and need to be repacked. Even brand new, many have got ticketed.

A stock modded muffler does not rely on this, and will not get louder or need work after a season.

Used to be there was a trade off, you needed to go loud to make the good HP numbers. Not anymore, Just take a look at Sandale stock mod dyno numbers, and read the review of an owner....stock like quite sound, look, and same HP as a aftermarket loud 2.5 muffler. Ben also has a nice stock mod, and Dave will have his very soon as well....

There are many many guys who start with the louder aftermarket mufflers, and end up for sale after tickets or just plane annoyed with the drone on trail rides over time. And why you see stock mods becoming the top choice.

You hear less about them, as these guys dont make much cash off them....its alot of work to do one, and cost more....but just abit more then a 2.5 aftermarket.

lots to consider when it comes to mufflers for sure.

Last edited:

Back