• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MBRP header and race can good or bad on 2016 SR VIPER

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROOSTnBOOST

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Viper MTX
I put a MBRP header and race can on my 2016 SR VIPER and took the header off because the machine was under reving 800 RPM. Put the original header back on and my RPMs were are back up to 9000. Talked to MBRP and they said to send them the header because they have never had anyone complain. My opinion if anything I should have been over reving not under reving with the MBRP header if there were perfomance gains. I have talked to a few guys and they have all told me the MBRP headers make no bottom end and mid range power.

I put a MBRP header and race can on my 2016 SR VIPER and took the header off because the machine was under reving 800 RPM. Put the original header back on and my RPMs were are back up to 9000. Talked to MBRP and they said to send them the header because they have never had anyone complain. My opinion if anything I should have been over reving not under reving with the MBRP header if there were perfomance gains. I have talked to a few guys and they have all told me the MBRP headers make no bottom end and mid range power.

Yep.. not surprised.. they copied Straightline and didn't do the tests to support the product.. too funny.

Yep.. not surprised.. they copied Straightline and didn't do the tests to support the product.. too funny.

Same here.... some to most who have purchased a shorty header has complained about losing rpm and loss of low end power.

Same here.... some to most who have purchased a shorty header has complained about losing rpm and loss of low end power.
Whose header would you use or just run the stock header? I have Bill Mohr airbox mod, evo stage 4 flash and MBRP race can. I was expecting more out of what I have done especially when evo claims 160 hp which is with their header. I do notice a difference in performance but not as much as i thought i would. Also the reason I went this way is because the Viper is a 2016 late build which the connecting rods would have to be changed to run turbo. Any advice would be great and appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Whose header would you use or just run the stock header? I have Bill Mohr airbox mod, evo stage 4 flash and MBRP race can. I was expecting more out of what I have done especially when evo claims 160 hp which is with their header. I do notice a difference in performance but not as much as i thought i would. Also the reason I went this way is because the Viper is a 2016 late build which the connecting rods would have to be changed to run turbo. Any advice would be great and appreciated.

The only header that made power IMHO was the EVO header. I saw the proof on the dyno between stock and the EVO header. My sled and my neighbors sled @Dave_RX1 were the ones on the dyno at Evolution Powersports to create the flashes/tunes. The horsepower is there and with more miles on the sled, my sled made 171 horse.

The only header that made power IMHO was the EVO header. I saw the proof on the dyno between stock and the EVO header. My sled and my neighbors sled @Dave_RX1 were the ones on the dyno at Evolution Powersports to create the flashes/tunes. The horsepower is there and with more miles on the sled, my sled made 171 horse.
Never mind.

??? Did I miss something
Yes you did. Do a search for my testing of Evo header vs Ulmer/Straightline. Then pm Dave Rx1 and ask him what happened on railgrade coming back from Gills Rock when we rode together. Then ask NosPro how a 170hp sled is no faster than mine or all the rest there in Wausau at MrSleds place. I won’t even bring up the side by side races there since traction or setup maybe gave me advantage. There is no magic bolt on for NA. It’s a little here and a little there. Do not fall into the BS of a magical boost of power. It’s fairy dust.

Yes you did. Do a search for my testing of Evo header vs Ulmer/Straightline. Then pm Dave Rx1 and ask him what happened on railgrade coming back from Gills Rock when we rode together. Then ask NosPro how a 170hp sled is no faster than mine or all the rest there in Wausau at MrSleds place. I won’t even bring up the side by side races there since traction or setup maybe gave me advantage. There is no magic bolt on for NA. It’s a little here and a little there. Do not fall into the BS of a magical boost of power. It’s fairy dust.
Well I do know with the stage 4 flash, airbox mod and MBRP race can the sled sure isn't 170 hp. I'm not even sure if the evo flash does anything other than raise the rev limit. Any suggestions on mufflers for the Viper would be great also. There are lots of companies but would like to try a muffler where it has actually been dynoed and true #s. Numbers r numbers and anyone can tell you what you wanna hear.

For me the Evo Magnum can sounded quietest,lasted longest and produced same power as all the others. Evo did do that right no doubt.
Ok thanx! I'm going to have to do some more research on exhaust and such because I am from Canada. I'm not against the evo exhaust but for the amount that it would cost to get the full exhaust or even the muffler the gain in horsepower isn't worth it. I'm thinking with all the NA mods that companies advertise you divide the hp gain in half or more and that's what u will have. Not trying to make enemies but that's my opinion and don't want unrealistic numbers. The reason I tried what I have tried was basically out of curiosity. Would I do the evo stage 4 that they claim is 160 hp with exhaust system and airbox mod again..... doubt it.

Well I do know with the stage 4 flash, airbox mod and MBRP race can the sled sure isn't 170 hp. I'm not even sure if the evo flash does anything other than raise the rev limit. Any suggestions on mufflers for the Viper would be great also. There are lots of companies but would like to try a muffler where it has actually been dynoed and true #s. Numbers r numbers and anyone can tell you what you wanna hear.

The graph on EVO's website is Daves sled showing stock to stage 4 with header, muffler, airbox and flash. That was his sled with 346 miles on. I have the videos, pics and proof that EVO's numbers don't lie.

Your sled is a 129, you weigh 100 lbs. lighter than any of us...maybe even 125 more than me and Dave each and he is 137 and I am 141. I go 246 without gear and Plus, you and I never raced side by side, we only ran single runs that day, told each other what we were topping out at in Wausau and I was not running the weight setup I finished with. Hell, I was running the Clutching on the cheap then. Numbers from EVO's dyno were proven and that is what I posted because it is fact that the EVO header makes more power than the stock header. But how about facts that day when I ran 112 on the speedo and 108gps and blew my belt on trail 8 with a perfectly set up groomed and hard trail...but you won't post that. @shagman was next to me running 108mph GPS on the trail with his turbo and then took off....so don't tell me my sled never went 108mph GPS. I rode with you Steve maybe 3 times total since the Vipers and we never raced side by side. Who did you race side by side that day? Wasn't me.

Not even worth more of my time Steve. You can call me a liar to whoever you want...and yes, I hear all you say to people.

The graph on EVO's website is Daves sled showing stock to stage 4 with header, muffler, airbox and flash. That was his sled with 346 miles on. I have the videos, pics and proof that EVO's numbers don't lie.

Your sled is a 129, you weigh 100 lbs. lighter than any of us...maybe even 125 more than me and Dave each and he is 137 and I am 141. I go 246 without gear and Plus, you and I never raced side by side, we only ran single runs that day, told each other what we were topping out at in Wausau and I was not running the weight setup I finished with. Hell, I was running the Clutching on the cheap then. Numbers from EVO's dyno were proven and that is what I posted because it is fact that the EVO header makes more power than the stock header. But how about facts that day when I ran 112 on the speedo and 108gps and blew my belt on trail 8 with a perfectly set up groomed and hard trail...but you won't post that. @shagman was next to me running 108mph GPS on the trail with his turbo and then took off....so don't tell me my sled never went 108mph GPS. I rode with you Steve maybe 3 times total since the Vipers and we never raced side by side. Who did you race side by side that day? Wasn't me.

Not even worth more of my time Steve. You can call me a liar to whoever you want...and yes, I hear all you say to people.
Bullshit

We raced side by side in Wausau twice and once in Muni first year.You won that one. Yes I remember when both of our sleds were 112/113 on speedo but I don’t remember 108 on anyone’s gps. Really Nos do you honestly believe I have 170 hp since you claim that will give 108? Cmon. It would give a lot more than that!

Ok thanx! I'm going to have to do some more research on exhaust and such because I am from Canada. I'm not against the evo exhaust but for the amount that it would cost to get the full exhaust or even the muffler the gain in horsepower isn't worth it. I'm thinking with all the NA mods that companies advertise you divide the hp gain in half or more and that's what u will have. Not trying to make enemies but that's my opinion and don't want unrealistic numbers. The reason I tried what I have tried was basically out of curiosity. Would I do the evo stage 4 that they claim is 160 hp with exhaust system and airbox mod again..... doubt it.

I am talking just can not the header.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back