• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MBRP header and race can good or bad on 2016 SR VIPER

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the OP, imo. If I had all that stuff done, I'd be looking for ways to lighten the sled up with your money rather then try to make hp without throwing a turbo on it. I too agree a 170 hp sled would be awesome!!! N/a of course. Freeing up the intake and following it up with an exhaust is about all it's worth to spend the money on.

As to Terry and steve. Proof is in the pudding. Didn't Steve through the Evo header on and only get 102-103 mph vs the top speed run with ulmer header(straight line) got 108-109.

If you got a dyno graph of 170hp I'd love to see it . Pretty frican awesome if you did.

Proof is in the pudding and wish I could have let anyone run my exact setup...Thunder Product clutching compared to their clutching, Stingray's airbox mod to his their other airbox mod, EVO header to their MBRP or straighline header, EVO flash to their flash or PCV with raised rev, gearing and other mods. Did I have the best matched setup? Example, just because an air box mod was done, doesn't mean that mine is the same as excells, or any other airbox mod. Same goes with clutching as we all know 1 clutch kit is different than other clutch kits.

@EVO 1 has all my info and Dave's sled was the graph on their website. Mine was only tested to see what a sled with 4,000 miles and all the same mods produced for hpr compared to Daves Viper with 346 miles. I have the pictures showing sleds on the dyno, videos of the dyno runs and pics of A/F ratios. But I will let EVO chime in and say something because this thread turned into something more than just a header for a 2016 Viper.

I hear where your coming from when it comes 2 shedding weight off the sled. First I would like to get as much possible out of performance. If the EVO stage 4 kit was legit then that would be awesome because it would be cheaper than a turbo and also some people shy away from turbos because they think it's 2 complicated. I have owned 2 nytro with MCXPRESS turbo 270 hp kits. MCXPRESS makes a very good turbo kit but I wanted to go NA this time because most the guys I go to the mountains with r NA whether it's a yamaha, doo, polaris or cat. I 2 would like to see ACTUAL dyno results for the EVO stage 4 kit. The reason I asked in the first place about the MBRP header pipe was because I wanted honest opinions and also wanted honest opinions as we went on 2 talk about EVO. I would still like to know about the hindle header because it's very similar to EVOs header. I'm not saying EVOs header doesn't work better than everyone else's but I need proof first. I also wouldn't make performance parts without actually knowing they improve performance (MBRP).

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Again, just posting facts....will let EVO reply on which header type made more hpr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back