• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MCC turbo on a "higher" mileage sled

thetruck454

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I'm looking at going with a mild turbo kit for sea level trail riding. I know I'll always want more power, but I've had a supercharged truck with about 8 psi for a while. I know when to stop and how to avoid the boost bug. My nytro has 7500 miles on it, aside from driveshaft/jackshaft bearings is it foolish to expect another 7500 miles out of it boosted?

I am also looking for some advice. I am going to put a turbo on my Nytro this summer but the sled has 10,000 km
on it.

Is this just asking for trouble or will the engine be fine?

Should I do anything else to it besides the headshim to help it where it has higher Kms?

I would just hate to do all the work only to have it blow up next winter

I am also looking for some advice. I am going to put a turbo on my Nytro this summer but the sled has 10,000 km
on it.

Is this just asking for trouble or will the engine be fine?

Should I do anything else to it besides the headshim to help it where it has higher Kms?

I would just hate to do all the work only to have it blow up next winter

That engine is barely broken in at 10000kms. My sled has been turbo from almost day one of its life, but it has rods and pistons. I have about 15000 kms

My brothers sled has 23,000+ kms on his turbo nytro, all he has is a headshim, sled runs hard.

#*$&@, my brothers viper made 419hp on hurricanes dyno 2 weeks ago. Stock pistons, lol. All he has are rods and a shim. These engines are pretty amazing.

Back