• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mcx 190 m7000 / viper mtx shut down - wont start

M7000

Country
Norway
Snowmobile
M7000
Hey, so im having an issue with my m7000 with an MCX 190hp turbo kit. (Same as viper mtx, hence the title)

Here goes;

Friday: sled is running fine, drove about 30km with a few stops where i shut the engine off, and one time it shut itself off while idling. But it started right up again, drove about 10km and we had a barbecue. When i was leaving, the snowmobile would not start. The engine cranks, but nothing happens. Checked the kill switch, the throttle sensor, and tried giving some throttle. Nothing. Took out the sidepanels to try and see if any of the vacuum hoses have loosened, but couldnt find anything. While i was done checking all i could think of, i again tried to start it. Now it started and ran fine.

Saturday: ran about 30km again with a few stops, and sled was fine. Started easily everytime.

Monday: Drove 150km ride, and while we had driven about 50km i noticed the sled suddenly dropped about 500 rpm, and then picks it up again. From 6000 rpm to 5500 rpm. This happened a couple of times during that ride. We had a few stops, and sled always started fine after every stop. But just when i am coming home, and im a few feet from where i normally park, the sled shut itself off. Tried starting it again but no go. So i left it there.

Tuesday: tried starting it a couple of times but it will not start. Engine cranks but it wont start.

Any of you have any ideas where to start? Unfortunately i dont have an afr gauge, so i do not know what the afr was when the rpms drops happened, or when it suddenly shut down.

Hey, so im having an issue with my m7000 with an MCX 190hp turbo kit. (Same as viper mtx, hence the title)

Here goes;

Friday: sled is running fine, drove about 30km with a few stops where i shut the engine off, and one time it shut itself off while idling. But it started right up again, drove about 10km and we had a barbecue. When i was leaving, the snowmobile would not start. The engine cranks, but nothing happens. Checked the kill switch, the throttle sensor, and tried giving some throttle. Nothing. Took out the sidepanels to try and see if any of the vacuum hoses have loosened, but couldnt find anything. While i was done checking all i could think of, i again tried to start it. Now it started and ran fine.

Saturday: ran about 30km again with a few stops, and sled was fine. Started easily everytime.

Monday: Drove 150km ride, and while we had driven about 50km i noticed the sled suddenly dropped about 500 rpm, and then picks it up again. From 6000 rpm to 5500 rpm. This happened a couple of times during that ride. We had a few stops, and sled always started fine after every stop. But just when i am coming home, and im a few feet from where i normally park, the sled shut itself off. Tried starting it again but no go. So i left it there.

Tuesday: tried starting it a couple of times but it will not start. Engine cranks but it wont start.

Any of you have any ideas where to start? Unfortunately i dont have an afr gauge, so i do not know what the afr was when the rpms drops happened, or when it suddenly shut down.

Can you hear fuel pump? Flip kill switch a few times, I know those can get corroded and cause issues like this.

Can you hear fuel pump? Flip kill switch a few times, I know those can get corroded and cause issues like this.

Hi, and thanks for your reply :)

Yes i can hear the fuel pump engaging when i turn the ignition on. Tried flipping the kill switch while cranking the engine aswell.

Spoke with a few dealers and turns out its a rather known issue that the electrical connectors from the MCX ECU box and the stock connector can sometimes get a bit loose. So i unplugged the connectors and plugged them back in, and now it runs fine.

Back