• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

mcx apex eating belts like they are going out of style

DooAssassin

Expert
Today I finally took my new sled out for a 100mile ride. It ran great, 12 psi and only missed when I was going slow for awhile and then opened it up it would clear out kinda, like a 2 stroke does when its loaded. Anyways not a huge issue I think it is just running alittle rich and can be resolved.
The big problem was when I held it from dead stop to close to 100mph it would spit a belt. It happened 3 times today! Just gernaded them! The last belt I drove more mature and didnt hold it more than 10 sec. It was ok by the end of the trip. I Know the clutches are in good working order. Could it be clutching or the fact it has stock gears in it? Please help, im too green

well jason there should be a big def 7 pounds of boost to your 12 but least he didnt eat 300 dollers of belts and that he gave you some so you could still ride .wait till we come up and show you hp lol :Rockon: :Rockon:

aww come on now you are making me feel bad. Yes....My day would have been ruined if bill (skidoo 1200) didnt lend me some belts for the day.
Chris, you first need to have a sled.Then you can come up. Hey are they still building that pussy cat for you ? :yam:

Track?
Gearing?
Primary? Rollers, Spring, weights
Sheave Offset needs to be 15mm ?
C to C on the clutces 268.5 mm
Helix
Secondary spring?

Belts should last for a long time if you are clutched right. You are making heat someplace in the system which is eating your belts.

Rx1M5

Track rip saw 1.5 136
Gearing Stock
Turbo RX1 Helix with stock black spring
Running yami belt
Primary Dalton Spring 53/133 with adjustable weights
back to tip 2 large weights, 4 small weights, 8 small weights.

What brand of belts are you eating up?

I just caught the brand of belt your chewing up. I'd have to agree with the belt alignment issue and/or clutching.

Whats a turbo rx1 helix? All yami sec springs are black, they have a paint mark on them thou. Like white, silver, etc.

You need to figure out exactly what you have using the color codes and part numbers. Crack the chaincase and check the gearing. Measure the rollers, and weights. If you are unsure of the mileage on the chain install a new yamaha one while you are in there. Its pretty tough to help based on what you have posted.

rx1M5

Rx1M5 said:
You need to figure out exactly what you have using the color codes and part numbers. Crack the chaincase and check the gearing. Measure the rollers, and weights. If you are unsure of the mileage on the chain install a new yamaha one while you are in there. Its pretty tough to help based on what you have posted.

rx1M5

REad the entire post, the info you are asking is there. Thanks for your help.
:)

Back