• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MCX display unit hook up.

Tuesday

Veteran
Easiest follow what I have done so far from here.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/show ... p?t=200330

I am at the point that I need to correct connector to plug into the mcx-box. Anyone know what these are called, part number, where I can find them.

Thanks

DSC00197.jpg

DSC00198.jpg

My wires do not have plugs

DSC00198.jpg

I believe those wires must be put into on of the existing efi box plugs I could be wrong though, more pics would help. You can always call PG Yamaha and those guys will gladly help you out. ;)!

I'll check with my friend right away, he's out in my Turbo Garage working on his sled, I'll ask him how it's supposed to be hooked up the the MCX ECU.

display hook-up

The instructions that came with the display unit should show location in mcx eca control box plug. They are inserted in the the mcx plug that connects to mcx eca.

display unit

From the pictures posted above, it looks like there is a harness missing that connects the oxygen sensor to eca. The display unit's red wire is ignition power with key on and the black wire from display is connected to ground. The green and yellow wires are bus + and - lines from eca so you can read eca settings, fuel and boost maps and change them if required thru usb cable and lap top.

No one reads his thread @ SnoWest i take it :).
All basics is covered i hope, as i mailed installations instructions, and the missing cable is also covered, the critical part missing is the pins that is inserted in to the connector, i believe it's this: http://www.tycoelectronics.com/catalog/ ... 63261&N=14

But i'm not certain, anybody else?

Picked up the terminal ends at a specialty electronic store. They are female pins associated with the square 23 pin Amp connector.

And yes they where a pita to push into the connector.

Just rounding up the rest of the wiring harness and it will time to start logging.

Back