• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MCX turbo kit

yooper1

Expert
I am thinking the APEX run is over to a degree. My 2011 XTX is most likely worth $5,500. It’s mint however I am a realistic in what it value is.
However add a MCX turbo to this would be more than an equalizer on the trail/lake. I’m thinking a 290 kit detuned to around 240. And turn it up as needed.
Sled is worth next year $5,000 plus a MCX Turbo $6,800 = $11,800.00. Still a lot of money, may try a group buy on this. I still like my sled.

I am thinking the APEX run is over to a degree. My 2011 XTX is most likely worth $5,500. It’s mint however I am a realistic in what it value is.
However add a MCX turbo to this would be more than an equalizer on the trail/lake. I’m thinking a 290 kit detuned to around 240. And turn it up as needed.
Sled is worth next year $5,000 plus a MCX Turbo $6,800 = $11,800.00. Still a lot of money, may try a group buy on this. I still like my sled.
I have been thinking about the same thing with my xtx, I am at 8000 miles now dont know if I should but then a new sled like the sidewinder is $17,000 and depreciating the day you buy it. So were do you through your money at?

I did the MCX 290 kit on my 12 XTX this year and all I can say is WOW!!!!!! 2000 trouble free miles and it is a rocket ship.

Attachments

• IMG_3817.JPG
    IMG_3817.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 693
I got it from MCX USA and did the install myself.

Was MCX clutching recommendations pretty spot on? Any major quirks with the kit?

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
Ulmer racing sells and installs MCX kits and has done some Apex's! He can take care of you from end to end!

Was MCX clutching recommendations pretty spot on? Any major quirks with the kit?

Im using my own clutching. The kit instructions blow but are a good guide. Its not a complicated install, its time consuming and has to be done right.

I have a 200 kit and did it my self how ever Allen was just a phone call away and much appreciated!!! The 290 kit is much more involved due to the head shim! In my opinion if your only looking for 240 hp I would go with the 200 kit. My 200 kit made 215 hp on 5lb boost on Ulmers dyno and due to the tunnel cooler I know it makes more than that on snow because I had to add a lot more weight in the clutch than it pulled on the track dyno. It totally embarrasses 240hp cat's!

I have a 200 kit and did it my self how ever Allen was just a phone call away and much appreciated!!! The 290 kit is much more involved due to the head shim! In my opinion if your only looking for 240 hp I would go with the 200 kit. My 200 kit made 215 hp on 5lb boost on Ulmers dyno and due to the tunnel cooler I know it makes more than that on snow because I had to add a lot more weight in the clutch than it pulled on the track dyno. It totally embarrasses 240hp cat's!
That's awesome!!

I called MCXpress and with the dollar being what it is you can buy the 290 kit for under $5,200.00 us. The 200 HP kit is around $4,400.00. I like the head shim only because its easer on the motor. I might do it, or not. I had a supercharged nytro and I was always messing with it. I swore never again. However with a professional installation I might think different.

I called MCXpress and with the dollar being what it is you can buy the 290 kit for under $5,200.00 us. The 200 HP kit is around $4,400.00. I like the head shim only because its easer on the motor. I might do it, or not. I had a supercharged nytro and I was always messing with it. I swore never again. However with a professional installation I might think different.

If you do, go with the 290 kit and be done with it. Check our rxriders link, lots of info.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/threads/rxriders-turbo-garage-building-2014-apex-turbo-engine-done.47473/

Back