• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MCXpress 270 Issue

I just experienced the same symptoms this weekend. The minute it started acting up I turned on the logger, I'm having trouble downloading the log now though. Does anyone with MCX display unit know if the software is compatible with Win7? When I click download log icon it flashes some dos prompt quick and closes....

I'm just back from riding on the weekend, ran ok not in boost, ran ok if I slowly opened it up but mid range if i cracked the throttle it would bog.

rxrider said:
MCX injectors start adding fuel at 3 lbs.
Do you have an AFR meter (wideband 02 or lambda sensor), it will tell you what's going on.

rxrider,

I just installed the 270 mcx kit and I have a wideband o2 sensor. What numbers should I be seeing? I am getting a hesitation at 5000 rpm too.

Brian

Pykie said:
I'm having trouble downloading the log now though. Does anyone with MCX display unit know if the software is compatible with Win7? When I click download log icon it flashes some dos prompt quick and closes....

I'm just back from riding on the weekend, ran ok not in boost, ran ok if I slowly opened it up but mid range if i cracked the throttle it would bog.

Yes it is, depending on when you bought the display the drivers for USB can be to old, but if you can change maps (MegaTune) that's not your issue.
Log downloader uses Java, it's the dos prompt that flashes, and Windows 7 sometimes needs administrative rights to run (if UAC is turned on), try this:
1. Right Click on the shortcut to log downloader, choose "run as administrator".
If that does not work for you
2. Right click on the shortcut, choose "properties", chose tab "compability", and choose "run this application .....", choose "Windows XP" (whatever version, SP2 / SP3).

Hope it works for you, it works fine for me, but i have UAC turned "off".

AFRs rule of thumb.

Idle 14.0-14.7
Engagement 13.5
0 lbs boost 13.0
5 lbs boost 12.5
10 or more lbs 11.8-12.0

Thanks Tbird, I have the exact same issue with the LogDownloader and Windows 7, I'll give it a try.

rxrider said:
AFRs rule of thumb.

Idle 14.0-14.7
Engagement 13.5
0 lbs boost 13.0
5 lbs boost 12.5
10 or more lbs 11.8-12.0

Thanks Tbird, I have the exact same issue with the LogDownloader and Windows 7, I'll give it a try.

thanks rxrider. What brand data logger is everybody using? Where can I buy it?

Brian

I found what was going on with mine....water/moisture getting into some conections i brought it in my basement and let it dry out. It runs like a champ now! not saying thats your problem but i would tri drying it out good with a heat gun or somthing.

I would recommend the MCX Display Unit to go with your MCX turbokit. It will record up to 6 hours of data, it will record all parameters you will ever need.

rxrider said:
I would recommend the MCX Display Unit to go with your MCX turbokit. It will record up to 6 hours of data, it will record all parameters you will ever need.

thank you rxrider!

I just ordered it from Ulmer. Now we are getting nothing but rain in Michigan!!! :o| :o| :o|

I must say this 270 kit was worth every penny!!! :Rockon:

Brian

Good choise, you won't regret it when you have your boost and fuel maps dealed to perfection :)

I went through some pains of having the black inector stick wide open and replaced them with Bosch brown injectors and must say Mark from Liephiemer Yamaha was very supportive in assisting with remap of MCX efi using my own display unit. Put on 95 miles and very impressed with MCX 270 kit. Have yet to fine tune the map to get more out of it.

I am seeing a rich condition in low end even with lowered CO values making for a slightly delayed response at 5,000rpm. AFR reads 11.0-11.8 cruising at 5,000rpm.. What is the best approach to try to cure this condition?

MCXpress Distributor doesn't reccomend any additional gauges, he told me that in Sweden, they don't even install the kit with any gauges...........

I run the boost gauge to give me a sense of what the boost level is......

Just wondering if it is normal to see air/fuel reading jump up when boost comes on then settle down to to decent reading later? Mine seems to run the best when it does that. Also what external fuel pump is the MCX 270 kits running? I'm using an MSD fuel pump and think I may have issues with it.

Thanks,
NB

Vmax4 said:
MCXpress Distributor doesn't reccomend any additional gauges, he told me that in Sweden, they don't even install the kit with any gauges...........

I run the boost gauge to give me a sense of what the boost level is......

The MCX turbo kits does not come with any gauges.
That doesn't mean it won't need the gauges.

My recommendation is to run at least a boost meter in any boosted application.
It's the only thing that will keep you from blowing up from overboosting.

In addition I will highly recommend running a AFR-meter or even better some sort of data logging capabilites for tuning purposes.

Northernboy said:
Just wondering if it is normal to see air/fuel reading jump up when boost comes on then settle down to to decent reading later? Mine seems to run the best when it does that. Also what external fuel pump is the MCX 270 kits running? I'm using an MSD fuel pump and think I may have issues with it.

Thanks,
NB

What are your readings?
WOT?

Normally AFRs will decrease when boost comes on, the motor need more fuel with increasing boost.

I try to keep my A/F 11.8 - 12 max at WOT. It just when I hit it hard A/F spikes over 13 then settles down to 12 or less. Its like there is a delay before the fuel gets injected. Just wondering if this is normal?

Back