• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mechanical Power Steering-Barn of Parts

Brian A

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
RX1
Greetings

Does anyone have any experience with this?

https://www.barnofparts.com/mps-power-steering-new

Now that I have the new WRP seat for my 03 RX-1 I am trying to improve the handling without breaking the bank.

Basically the steering is heavy. I know its because its a heavy sled and the suspension is not the greatest on the early RX1's.

It doesn't bottom out or feel that bad suspension wise to me. I am a very mellow trail rider. I am open to other improvements to the handling of the sled but if its going to get into a lot of money I dont want to spend more than the sled is worth.

It only has 3000 miles on it an it is in great shape so I do not mind upgrading where it makes sense

Regards

I have the MPS for my sled and I love it. It really makes a noticeable difference. You can also upgrade the rear skid to a mono fairly reasonably and it will ride better. Travis at BOP has a plate to make installing a mono easy.

I am also interested in the skid upgrade you mentioned. I found the plate on BOP but I will have to look into how to do it and what skid to use

that can be a summer project!

Back