• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Medium or Tall windshield

bluesman

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 Nytro XTX
I am ordering my new 2016 Viper LTX LE and I want as much wind protection as possible.

I DO NOT want to look through the windshield. I want to look over it. Anybody know if that should be the case with the tall Yamaha Windshield?

I put the factory STD or DX windshield on my SE, works well for me. Not sure where it fits in the choices.

I believe the DX is the mid windshield. Does it keep you hands warm? Do you notice the wind hitting you in the face.?

I think you will be looking through a tall windshield. I have Mid on my RTX an it's amost higher than I'd like, but does provide me some wind protection

I have the Mid that came on my DX. I came from a Vector LTX with its standard windshield, and I would say the wind protection is about the same; my buddy has the high windshield on his Vector, and he claims that he really notices the lack of protection on my Viper. I guess it is all what you are used to, but I think that the Mid gives good protection to my upper body and my hands.

My wife's viper came with the mid height windshield depending on hight you may find that the mid is too short. My wife was happy with the mid height but when a friend road my Viper with the high windshield and said he could ride it without a helmet she wanted the taller shield. This was the coldest February in recorded history in our area with average temperatures for the month of 3-4 degrees. I'm thinking that we were both happy we had the tall windshields this year. They really do reduce fatigue on rides over 100 miles. On the downside you will probably be looking through the windshield at least part of the time but you will not be getting hit in the face with cold air!

Haven't been here a while. This is what I ended up with. Added the side lower wind deflector and also the Arctic Cat larger side ones. They don't fit the Yamaha, but with some patience and a heat gun I changed the contour to fit and sprayed flat black to get the ugly cat logo off

Attachments

• IMG_20211111_195653770~2.jpg
    IMG_20211111_195653770~2.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20211111_195653770~2.jpg
    IMG_20211111_195653770~2.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 119

Back