• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Melted lower side panel

scooterwj

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 SW
Anyone else have this happen?

Attachments

• IMG_5713.jpg
    IMG_5713.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_5714.jpg
    IMG_5714.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_5715.jpg
    IMG_5715.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 247

Not with my stock muffler, your muffler might not fit as good as stock. Different. I have hurricane trail muffler no melting , stock didn’t melt.

Nope. Have never seen that with stock muffler or Hurricane trail muffler.

make sure you don't have a boost leak or anything mechanically off with the motor. If your compression or boost is down for any reason, the fuel system doesn't really know it and keeps pouring fuel in, causing fires in the exhaust. Happened to mine...

make sure you don't have a boost leak or anything mechanically off with the motor. If your compression or boost is down for any reason, the fuel system doesn't really know it and keeps pouring fuel in, causing fires in the exhaust. Happened to mine...

Motor seems to be running good. Does the discoloration on my exhaust seem normal? I also have a Viper with EVO exhaust and it doesn't have the discoloration...it still looks new with about the same mileage as my SW exhaust. What ended up being wrong with your engine?

Had a minor boost leak at an intake boot but didn't start leaking until about 17psi and my sled isn't tuned to make that much boost. Anyone else have any thoughts on this? I'm especially confused by the exhaust discoloration... Does the SW exhaust get a lot hotter than a Viper?

IMO your exhaust is overheating to develop that level of discoloration. I would contact the Company that produced your "Tune" and ask for advice.

IMO your exhaust is overheating to develop that level of discoloration. I would contact the Company that produced your "Tune" and ask for advice.

Thanks. I'll reach out to them. I'm running EVO tuning. I was running their stage 0 (fuel correction for exhaust) last year when this happened.

Had a minor boost leak at an intake boot but didn't start leaking until about 17psi and my sled isn't tuned to make that much boost. Anyone else have any thoughts on this? I'm especially confused by the exhaust discoloration... Does the SW exhaust get a lot hotter than a Viper?
That's the source of your muffler problem guaranteed. Exact we thing happened to me. The motor isn't getting all the air that corresponds to fuel that's going in, causing raw fuel to be dumped into the exhaust. That fuel is burning in the exhaust and not the motor where it should.

Back