• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Midwest guys......

When I said St. Germain. I stay in Minocqua, truthfully. I'm in northern, IL as well. So, 4hrs to the white is what it takes me.
The shorter the drive time to get to the white stuff, the better. I've never stayed south of Minocqua.
Minocqua can be really rough on the weekends. 1mile of moguls in the home stretch takes its toll on me. Lol!
I grew up in Sycamore in northern Illinois but now I live down in Champaign. I always ride the Land O Lakes area because we have a family cabin that we share between a bunch of relatives. It is a great homebase. 45 minutes north of Minoqua, right on the UP border. I can ride to Lake Gogebic, Watersmeet, Eagle River. Like I said, it's a great homebase. I'll be there from the 23rd of December thru the 2nd of January. If anyone is in that area hit me up and I'll show you some of my secret riding spots.

I love staying in bergland mi with my buddies. We always have a blast on the wheelie hills and Lake Superior is gorgeous. Sheboygan county pretty much sucks the bag for sled trails. I have a cabin in Clark county, has anyone rode up there or any counties around ther??
Just on quads. Clark County and BlackRiver Falls. Very fast wide trails. Very ORV friendly so GPS and good map are necessity since about everything is legal. Another nice area!

I love staying in bergland mi with my buddies. We always have a blast on the wheelie hills and Lake Superior is gorgeous. Sheboygan county pretty much sucks the bag for sled trails. I have a cabin in Clark county, has anyone rode up there or any counties around ther??
Kettle Moraine/Greenbush trails rock! What do you mean Sheboygan sucks?

Look up Antigo,Summit Lake,Harrison Hills,Parrish,Gleason and Tomahawk. My favorite ride areas by far something of everything in that ride. Summer or winter. I have gotten threats for talking about them. Seriously! Many would rather the trails stay uncrowded. Also north of Antigo Summit lake and Harrison are known to be colder and more snow than anywhere in WI. I have found that to be true. Only limitation is lodging. It can be hard to find last minute lodging. Had to stay in a bar overnight once! Only costed $20 though.
Bahahaha! My base is Elcho!! The best riding in the state IMO! None of the high traffic because you're far enough away from eagle river, rhinelander, and Antigo. Trails are generally always fantastic, and there's usually not "big snow" to whoop the trails out, choppy at worst!

Bahahaha! My base is Elcho!! The best riding in the state IMO! None of the high traffic because you're far enough away from eagle river, rhinelander, and Antigo. Trails are generally always fantastic, and there's usually not "big snow" to whoop the trails out, choppy at worst!
Shh! Coldest spot everytime I watch the weather again! I believe they may have opened already. Shakedown will be right from my house this year finally though. Always make a point of going there at least once a year though for sure.

The trails around Tomahawk could use better marking though. Just the directionals. Name the town,road etc not the bar.Definitly need a good map or gps there if not familiar. Once was having so much fun ended up in Wausau and no way I knew to get back to Summit lake other than the way we came. That trail sure was fun along the Highway though. Like a roller coaster but faster!

Shh! Coldest spot everytime I watch the weather again! I believe they may have opened already. Shakedown will be right from my house this year finally though. Always make a point of going there at least once a year though for sure.
Ha. Every time I watch the news and see the weather map, the temp is the lowest in that area.
Don't let out the secret. I enjoy the quality of riding there.

We have a 3-4 inch base in the Tomahawk area.....not quite enough here yet...but it is cold, and we are making good ice...lake Nokomis froze over last Thursday, and even before the cold weather guys were ice fishing in the bays...if you believe ice fishermen there was 3 inches of ice sunday (in the bays)....she's been making ice all week...the lakes could be pretty solid by the weekend (should make ice all week with the temps).....as always...deeper, bigger lakes take longer to freeze...so use caution...I believe they are hoping to open the trails here around Christmas.....it looks like we could get a decent dump of snow Friday into Saturday....I gotta talk to the knight owls...I usually pack the swamps from Irma to HWY S (just south of Tomahawk)...they were pretty full this year (lots of water)...not sure what I will run into....it's always a bit spooky when you are the first one through the swamps....and hopefully not too many down trees, or branches (I don't have a chain saw)...so it's my trusty little hand saw.

Cannondale you're right the southwest part of the county can be decent, the problem is between rough fields and a huge amount of traffic the trails in Sheb county go down in a hurry, idk jut my personal opinion but they're a ton of fun when we have good snow, some of those fields you get wheelie opportunities

love riding in grand rapids Minnesota. its were I grew up riding with my parents. last couple of years because we have to chase the snow. I have spent the season in Michigan when ever work allows making memories with friends and family. usually back pack ride 600 miles in a weekend to different areas and head back. l

We have a 3-4 inch base in the Tomahawk area.....not quite enough here yet...but it is cold, and we are making good ice...lake Nokomis froze over last Thursday, and even before the cold weather guys were ice fishing in the bays...if you believe ice fishermen there was 3 inches of ice sunday (in the bays)....she's been making ice all week...the lakes could be pretty solid by the weekend (should make ice all week with the temps).....as always...deeper, bigger lakes take longer to freeze...so use caution...I believe they are hoping to open the trails here around Christmas.....it looks like we could get a decent dump of snow Friday into Saturday....I gotta talk to the knight owls...I usually pack the swamps from Irma to HWY S (just south of Tomahawk)...they were pretty full this year (lots of water)...not sure what I will run into....it's always a bit spooky when you are the first one through the swamps....and hopefully not too many down trees, or branches (I don't have a chain saw)...so it's my trusty little hand saw.
Thanks for your work Heritage!

They mark trails in Tomahawk? I hadded noticed. I'll keep an eye open next time I'm thru.......lol!

1. Buff Pass, Co
2. Togwotee, Wy
3. Big Horns, Wy
4. Snowy Range, Wy
5. Sierra Madres, Wy
6. Black Hills, SD

Back