• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mild temps in Midwest

Doc Harley

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX SE
Well, 60's here in northern Illinois. I can't imagine much snow. surviving in the u.p. should be middle 40's up there for the next week.
I don't do off trail.

Well, 60's here in northern Illinois. I can't imagine much snow. surviving in the u.p. should be middle 40's up there for the next week.
I don't do off trail.
Gota hold faith the UP has a pretty good base and it is only a few days of warm weather then it's supposed to cool down again.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Gota hold faith the UP has a pretty good base and it is only a few days of warm weather then it's supposed to cool down again.

I would think that this is the case and hope for a solid riding month of March in the UP...or the Arrowhead of MN. Lot's of snow up there as well.

Got a ride in. Also, Seafoam my snow thrower and put it away.....You know what that means! Hahahaha......
IMG_20170219_131207438-640x380.jpg

Got a ride in. Also, Seafoam my snow thrower and put it away.....You know what that means! Hahahaha......View attachment 127002
got almost 14' of snow this winter. never used the snow blower once because it came and went within days at 1-3' at a time. too much sand and cinders on the roads for riding here, don't want sandblasted. most places use crushed slag. got the a/c running though.....won't be long.

Wife and I welcomed the warm weather this weekend. These winters have been depressing.
9696d7a1893b4e1ee021bf9b202578c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That pic was taken in Sandwich IL yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This weather is a sucker hole for spring and summer enthusiasts. Winter will return. Unfortunately, the snow will be useless for snowmobiling in WI. There will be no base left after the rain coming today, which is after 50 degree temps for the past few days.
I don't take my bike out during these periods, as I prefer to not have to wash it every single time I use it. Too much salt on the roads, which loves to eat metal. I wait until it rains a few times to get all of the salt of the roads.

My snow is long gone and my yard is thawing out fast. I would guess that its ice free 6 inches down now by the size of the hole my damn dog dug the other day. Any snow we do get now will just add to all the mud around my house. As much as I hate to say it I think i'm ready for this piss poor winter to be over. Year number 3 for crappy winters around me.

Last Saturday I stayed home (southeast MI) to throw a leg over the Fj09 instead of heading north (UP of MI) to the cabin to ride the sled.... Rode a 150 perfect miles that afternoon and never seen so many bikes out. I have never done this saying its February! Just nuts. Saw 72 driving home from work today.....and it was snowing at camp!

I did the same thing Jim....
Just used the snow blower this morning. And probably will tomorrow morning as well. Unfortunately, not enough to sled in....yet. Hoping either a reasonable distance north got more or maybe by middle of next week (according to John Dee.) Fingers crossed.
I assumed after the melt down last week, it was done. So, washed and waxed 'em. Lol. I certainly wouldn't mind dirtying them up again!

Just used the snow blower this morning. And probably will tomorrow morning as well. Unfortunately, not enough to sled in....yet. Hoping either a reasonable distance north got more or maybe by middle of next week (according to John Dee.) Fingers crossed.
I assumed after the melt down last week, it was done. So, washed and waxed 'em. Lol. I certainly wouldn't mind dirtying them up again!
I am in calumet mi now looked like mass city area still had a great base and are getting pounded as I am typing, the drive up was terrible top speed of 40mph with white out conditions. Here in calumet you can definitely tell they had a melt down but didn't see much for trails so I won't know till tomorrow. Did see people riding in Eagle River tonight on our way up. So it's not over yet for rideing.

I told guys to drive up Thursday night or very first thing Friday morning. Just to beat the storm.

Now the question is, what lies beneath the snow? I guess that would be dependent on where you ride.

Back