• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Milky Gear Oil

Nine2Nine said:
Am I the only one that finds Yamalube gear oil goes milky after one day of riding? It never seen any water. All seals are in place..

I would guess you have a bad seal and you are taking in some water.

revster said:
Nine2Nine said:
Am I the only one that finds Yamalube gear oil goes milky after one day of riding? It never seen any water. All seals are in place..

Your oil looks as good as the day it went in? I might be missing something but I've been over it a few times, It's hasn't been washed or anything like that and the oil will not settle out..

Nine2Nine said:
revster said:
Nine2Nine said:

Your oil looks as good as the day it went in? I might be missing something but I've been over it a few times, It's hasn't been washed or anything like that and the oil will not settle out..

No my oil gets darker over time not milky. The last time I had milky oil was in my Rev that had a bad seal that caused the oil to go milky. Changed the seal and milky oil problem went away.

You wouldn't need to have washed it if you are riding it on snow that is your water source.

Is it possible there was some water trapped in it when you changed the oil?

revster said:
Nine2Nine said:
revster said:
Nine2Nine said:

No my oil gets darker over time not milky. The last time I had milky oil was in my Rev that had a bad seal that caused the oil to go milky. Changed the seal and milky oil problem went away.

You wouldn't need to have washed it if you are riding it on snow that is your water source.

Is it possible there was some water trapped in it when you changed the oil?

I had the cover off to remove broken bolt, seemed clean and dry, I changed my track this summer I may have missed something, I can have it off in ten mins now so I'll check the lower seals, I always double check the o-ring on the top shaft..

revster said:
Nine2Nine said:

Lower Axle seal, water drops were still there when I took it apart...

enticeraised said:
And it doesn't really take much water to cause it to go milky

I guess I'm driving myself nuts, it's not like it's salt water, ( outdrive )I could probably run it like that for a year or two and never notice any wear... Things like that just bother me!!!!!

that kinda stuff bothers me to , cant sleep sometimes my lower a-arm is bent and it buggin the sh$$ out of me just want it fix :o|

Back