• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mirrors and placement.....

Phaze

Expert
I've done some research and am a bit overwhelmed with options. I was mainly trying to figure out Powermadd setups... Handguards that incorporate mirrors.

Is there a better setup? What are you guys using?

I saw these on an Apex identical to mine, including color, 2012 XTX.... I kinda like them. Not sure if they're Powermadd, which model or what.... Handguards aren't a must....

Thx...
Screenshot_20230115-144300_Facebook.jpg

20230115_144901.jpg

I got the Power Madd Fusion and added the Sentinel mirror kit . Larger hand guard and larger mirrors compared the the Star Series I had before.
20230124_135922.jpg
20230124_135935.jpg

Thanks. What about mounting? It's my understanding they need to mount to the metal bar? The pic is the same on the brake side....
20230124_154152.jpg

20230124_163109.jpg
20230124_163114.jpg

This is what I ordered when I did mine
Sentinel Snowmobile Mount Kit - 34450
Fuzion Handguards Black - 34505
Mirror Set - Fixed/Fold-In - 34455

i use the gaurds on both mine without the mirrors. they have a remote mount kit availible that mounts them closer to the bar pad but still comes out far enough to cover your hands. dealer usually has to order them.

the ones steiner has is the one that they usually stock. i have used them but do not like where they move the brake lever myself.

i use the gaurds on both mine without the mirrors. they have a remote mount kit availible that mounts them closer to the bar pad but still comes out far enough to cover your hands. dealer usually has to order them.

the ones steiner has is the one that they usually stock. i have used them but do not like where they move the brake lever myself.
My sled has brakes???

I had the mirrors mounted on my handle bars but found they would vibrate out of focus all the time, steady adjusting them on the go on the trail, so I read about these mirrors called Bug Eyes that mount to your helmet, I bought a set and really like them, they are well built using a real mirror not plated, once you get them positioned right on your helmet and I must say they work good, they have never fell off or broke or a problem putting your helmet in a helmet sock, they fold neatly, lots of adjustability with them and you just look to the side with your eyes and see behind you clearly, they are suppose to be legal where you need a mirror to drive on trails, may be worth looking at.

This is what I use but I have the mirror position on the glove so it goes around my wrist and not the palm of my hand like in the image. Can remove glove and mirror stays in place:

GloveMirror.JPG

Also unlike in the image, I wear on the left hand glove. ;)!

I had the mirrors mounted on my handle bars but found they would vibrate out of focus all the time, steady adjusting them on the go on the trail, so I read about these mirrors called Bug Eyes that mount to your helmet, I bought a set and really like them, they are well built using a real mirror not plated, once you get them positioned right on your helmet and I must say they work good, they have never fell off or broke or a problem putting your helmet in a helmet sock, they fold neatly, lots of adjustability with them and you just look to the side with your eyes and see behind you clearly, they are suppose to be legal where you need a mirror to drive on trails, may be worth looking at.
I've read about mounts moving.
I also looked at Bug Eyes. Somebody mentioned them in an old thread. It's an option for sure..

with the mount that steiner uses, you have to slide the master cylinder in on the bars to get room for the clamp and the same on the throttle side. rode for a few seasons that way but was bothering my hands and making my carpel tunnel flare up more. switched to the mounts i posted and my hands felt better.

This is what I use but I have the mirror position on the glove so it goes around my wrist and not the palm of my hand like in the image. Can remove glove and mirror stays in place:

View attachment 171045
My buddy has threatened on numerous occasions to buy me one. He has one this year since his current sled didn't have mirrors....
Right hand? Oooops....lol

Back